Grill that porterhouse to perfection

Did you see my chicken with black garlic hoisin sauce recipe from earlier in the thread? Amazing.

In my opinion, if you want to be healthy you should cook for yourself. I know it takes time, and it takes knowledge and planning, but even I can do it.

Sure, I don’t do it when people aren’t home. I’m a mess when I’m by myself. But when people are around it’s super easy to whip up something.

My 76 year old mother does it with $10 kits she gets at the hardware/plant nursery store. She gets way more than $10 worth of mushrooms out of it.

I’ve never done it because in my world, fungus is not meant to be food.

2 Likes

I will have to try that out next season (whenever that is; I’ll have to look that up). I really know nothing, but I find it very exciting to grow useful things.

Pork is not red meat.

And that party is/was responsible for the rise of America to being the greatest country in the history of the world. And by the way this was mostly due to unionized labor.

They grow indoors. Year round.

But it is a tasty meat. :yum:

1 Like

You gotta get that meat to the perfect temperature. Otherwise it dries out really fast. In my opinion, you have to use a meat thermometer, or do what I’m going do and use a Sous Vide.

Yeah. Pork can be very tricky to cook. Especially chops.

I’m mostly doing pork tenderloins. I’ve added that thermometer to my cooking tools about a year ago. So far, so good. Still, that Sous Vide is probably going to be employed for anything delicate in the future. It’s just too easy, and has such great results.

Slowcook it

That looks delicious, I’m going to have to try that sometime.

A good amount of salt can bring out the flavor in your food.

You’re on a low salt diet?

Not really…don’t like salt. I think salt drowns out the real flavor of the food.

I do use other herbs and spices thou.

Someone mention pork tenderloin. One of my favorite is to wrap it with applewood smoked bacon with tad bit of pepper. Pull it out at 150 and let is sit for about 10 minutes.

Simple but tasty.

Would the applewood bacon a salt flavor to the tenderloin, or does the smoking process replace the salt in bacon?

Or use cuts like pork shoulder or pork steaks or ribs and cook till fall apart tender.

But cooking meat did get much better for me once I started using a meat thermometer.

beef has become really really cheap lately…

good buy if you are looking for lower food budget…

I think so.

Either way it’s bacon…the meat candy. :wink:

1 Like

Is fresh rosemary not available outside of New York? How about a nice mushroom powder?

Heathens

@calirepub. Sous Vide is life

I’ll probably get banned but pressure cookers area good way to speed up those spare ribs or shoulders.