Grill that porterhouse to perfection

I bought a big Angus Chuck Pot roast, and I don’t regret it
even though it’s not politically correct to eat it any more. lol.

Eisenhower steak. Cook directly on the coals- no grill. It’s good.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/recipes/eisenhower-coal-fired-steak/14244/?utm_term=.6a16cef5fbb7

Mmmmm … loaded with tasty charred meat carcinogens! :blush:

The illustrated steak is overcooked to hell and back. :smile:

Generally, if you are doing high heat or direct contact cooking, the goal is a charred outside and blue rare or rare inside. That is generally the whole point of direct contact or high heat cooking.

What do you expect from the Washington Post.

Here’s a better picture of it.

Leave it to Washington compost to ■■■■ up perfectly good steak.

That is funny. The article says medium rare, the picture shows medium well edging ever so closely to just plain well. Anyone who eats well done streaks is likely headed straight for hell.

Not to mention the lethal cow farts it took to raise it :smile:

made home made tacos!!!

also had some honey ham wrapped up with cheese, mayo,
tomato, and lettuce in a flour tortia wrap.

most good food comes out of cows.

How do Dem Dems expect us not to eat them?

Specially the tenderloin…then prime rib and then loin. After that you can have the rest.

Well the flank is pretty good thou. :wink:

Edit to add, Fresh grinned up Sirloin is good for rare burger.

Way too much fat in those cuts. Top sirloin is decent, if you want to eat red meat.

I’m a workout guy, so I rarely eat red meat and when I do, it eye of round, round or top sirloin. I much prefer chicken breast or fish.

Tenderloin has no fat at all.

I use to age my own beef…specially the prime rib. That’s what redneck frig is for out on the porch. It has 2 doors side by side for hanging entire ribs etc. :wink:

In a Beef Tenderloin ( 1 Item ) there are about 322 calories out of which 235 calories come from fat. The total fat content of 1 Item Beef Tenderloin is 26.15 g. Within the fat content, a Beef Tenderloin contains 10.74 g of saturated fat, 0 g of trans fat, 1.03 g of polyunsaturated fat and 11.13 g of monounsaturated fat.

Even on a cheat day, I wouldn’t feed that to my dog.

Well them…too each their own.

But don’t touch my tenderloin.

If you like being fat and dying early, knock yourself out. Believe me, I won’t eat that garbage.

Yeah…and I bet fresh King and Sockeye salmon is garbage too.

Speaking of which…season is about to start. :grinning:

Absolutely not! Salmon is one of the healthiest fatty (in a good way) fish you can eat. I try to eat salmon at least once a week. If you’re going to be salmon fishing, enjoy your trip, and even more so, enjoy the fish you catch!!

I’ll eat entire slab of sockeye…with little broccoli.

Slab of King…I would try. Big fish.

That would be too much for me, but I love broccoli and it makes a nice side. I’d do about 4 oz of salmon with brown rice and broccoli. That sounds delicious. I do 5 meals a day, but usually two of them are protein shakes, so I eat smaller portions to keep my fat content down.

1 Like