Grill that porterhouse to perfection

When I was first dating my wife, her folks had me over for grilled steaks (for “the interview.”) When I responded “rare” to her mom’s question “how do you like your steak?” I was in. It turned out my wife and her dad liked steak well done, and her mom was like you … she considered a well done steak to be a travesty and was so pleased that I liked rare steak (and beer) like she did, that she completely overlooked that I had showed up with her daughter on the back of my motorcycle. :wink:

1 Like

I’m balding, and I have too much iron, and eat protein all of the time.

Your mother in law is pretty cool! You’re a lucky guy.

And you’re right about steaks and beer.

I have a Lebanese friend. Her family eats a cherished dish called Kibbeh nayyeh consisting of raw meat (lamb or beef) and spices. I can hardly watch them eat it.

At least you, nor I, nor your Lebanese friends are Corey Booker!

lol.

1 Like

There are plenty of ways to get iron and protein besides meat. Nuts, grains, soy, dairy and eggs, to name a few, are sources of protein. Beans and legumes, spinach, nuts and cheese are among the many sources of iron (plus daily supplements). You don’t have to eat meet to get either.

https://vegetarian-nation.com/resources/common-questions/vegetarian-vegan-sources-protein-calcium-iron/

1 Like

I am aware of that.

I am also aware that it will be a cold ******* day in hell before I give up steak, chicken, etc.

I didn’t make it to the top of the food chain to eat rabbit food. :smile:

1 Like

Oh, and this evening’s dinner was steak, cooked blue rare. :smile:

True vegans don’t eat dairy and eggs.

Nutrients that are very difficult to get from other than meat.

• Vitamin B12. Vitamin B12 is an essential nutrient found in virtually no plant foods. …
  • Creatine. …
  • Carnosine. …
  • Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D3) …
  • Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) …
  • Heme-iron. …
  • Taurine.
1 Like

I like a nice large Tri-tip. We have Harris ranch beef around here and it’s so tasty. Remove the fat back, and keep it.

Use a lot of charcoal, and once they are all white and hot put the tri tip over the coals, the fat back on top and close the lid for 5 mins to char the heck out of it, repeat on other side, again putting the fat back on top as a baste. Pull it off the coals and cook on the side of the grill until it as done as you like. Use a thermometer. I like 140 to 145F.

1 Like

Booker shaves his head.

My point was, that he doesn’t eat meat.

It goes hand in hand with the title thread, Corey Booker,
and not eating meat.

I had a 2-3rds pound Bacon Thickburger from Hardees yesterday!
It was soooooooooooooo good!

I doubt that Dem politicians would try taking cows away from Americans,
because that would close down a lot of restaurants and fast food places.

Somebody should start a BBQ thread.

I don’t trust anyone that doesn’t eat meat. Beside ever notice that most of Vegans are authoritarians?

I don’t like them either.

If God didn’t intend for us to eat meat, he would not have equipped us canine teeth. :wink:

That doesn’t mean that he is not bald or balding.

It is also what we are NOT equipped with.

No multi-chambered stomach.
Only a very short (comparatively) small intestine. A herbivore would have a very long small intestine.
Only a vestigial, non-functioning cecum, in herbivores this would be large and functional.
A relatively short large intestine, again a herbivore would have a much longer large intestine.
Limited molars, compared to what a herbivore would have.
A jaw that primarily opens vertically for tearing flesh, not side to side for grinding plant material.

In short, humans are designed for an omnivorous diet, with meat a substantial portion of that diet.

If we were at a low technological level, we would naturally forage for meat, insects, fish, eggs, tubers, vegetables and fruits. We would not make it very far trying to eat leaves or grass.

My own diet is a variant of the paleolithic diet. I don’t eat grains of any type and avoid certain other items.

Grains are best utilized for making beer and whiskey. :wink:

mankind was meant to eat meat. oh crap! can I say mankind? lol.
I agree that most Vegans are authoritarians, but than again,
I think that most Democratic Politicians are as well.

I definitely think that there is something weird in a bad way
about people that don’t eat meat.