Greece wants "A wall in the sea."

At what limit is enough migrants for Greece? They have been taking them in since 2015 at the disapproval of their citizens.

Where did I say they should take them all in?

This is a thread that is fear mongering about Islamic “oppression” and a ridiculous ocean wall.

What else can they do if no one else is helping them? Counties in the EU don’t want them, what options are left for Greece?

Like Canada said, send them back if you can’t take anymore :man_shrugging:

Again, I was commenting on the fear mongering and silliness of the OP and article.

There is a big difference between.

we can not financially support this policy anymore and Islam invaders are coming to rape our woman and children.

people jumping on boat to cross an ocean are not invaders, they are victims of civil conflicts.

Its almost like you can have an adult conversation about immigration without making immigrant / refugees out to be horrible monsters.

Some folks are indoctrinated. Fearmongering is all they know now.

It’s bizarre, the whole OP is about “oppression” and domination by Islam, not about logistics or money.

But some people just breeze right by that.

It’s the same with U.S. immigration, I support blocking entry (including a wall where feasible) and sending refugees back that don’t qualify. I am NOT fine with the rhetoric and fear mongering towards Hispanics though, yet time after time people can’t differentiate.

dehumanization is the first step forward open violence.
and people wonder why some groups have a hard time “assimilating” if you treat them like dogs don’t be surprised when they bite you.

we are talking about people crossing an ocean on crappy boats risking their lives for the 1% chance at a better life.

they clearly invaders coming to pillage western world like a horde of Mongolians.

If Greece or Germany or “Blank” don’t want to take them in that is fine they are under no obligation to do so but lets be adult and not paint these people as violent hordes they are not they are desperate people.

The only way to stop it is for the EU to work with Libya as horrible as that might sound since they are in complete disarray since Qaddafi was taken out. The boats will not stop coming even if they load them up each time and send them back which is very expensive.

so why are we not talking about that,
why are we talking about them coming to impose Islam on the western world like a horde of invaders.

Its almost like people in Greece are trying to blame their current issues on someone else.

What difference does the reasons make if the Greek citizens say they have had enough?

but they are not saying “we had enough”
Greece could end this tomorrow if they wanted.

Greece is under no obligation to take in refugees they could stop tomorrow, but that wouldn’t help them deal with their other issues its easier to keep them around and blame the scary refugees for crime, poor economic growth, etc.

Lol have you seen the polling on attitudes towards migrants from Greece. The citizens definitely want it stopped. The only place that has more negative attitudes towards migrants than Greece is Hungary which should speak for itself.

How can they stop it immediately? I am sure they would like to know that answer since they have been begging the EU to help for over four years now. Greece has been left alone to deal with it.

Hell even the left wing Guardian agrees with me :slight_smile:

Greece’s proposed ‘floating wall’ shows the failure of EU migration policies | Vasileia Digidiki and Jacqueline Bhabha | The Guardian

“ A starting point would be vigorous, multifaceted investment in migrants’ home countries to strengthen the rule of law and enhance economic and social development. Though complex and expensive, much could be achieved at a fraction of the what is already being spent on excluding migants and border control.”

THAT is a key question.

We’ve altered the meaning of words such that many used in political arguments have become meaningless. Refugee and asylum among them.

It has always been the same meaning, the left has tried (And been quiet successful) in altering the meaning with “Word Play”. No such thing as and illegal alien that’s wrong speak the correct term is undocumented migrant.

‘Scuse me if I’m not losing any sleep over immigrants coming for every reason from seeking work, for example, Albanians, to fleeing chaos, as an example, Syria.

Some leaving Muslim majority countries are less observant than others, even secularists. It appears most immigrants there are engaged in some legitimate work.

Won’t be losing :zzz: over this. Good luck building that wall in the sea!