Great News, the Border Crackdown is working

Well just as many of us predicted, with Hondouras and Mexico cracking down on their border and the Trump Administration cracking down on ours, we’re beginning to significantly stem the flood of illegals.

We’ll have about 400 new miles of border wall completed by the end of 2020 which will no doubt help to curb it even further.

Great work by the president, ICE and the C&BP.

4 Likes

There isn’t a chance in hell this happens… you know nothing about what it takes to construct a 400 mile wall.

And besides your article proves it isn’t needed to drop illegal immigration.

And you base that on what exactly?

You’re right, it seems the estimate of how many miles of new wall will be completed by 2020 has gone up.

The Trump administration has stepped up the rebuilding of the dilapidated U.S.-Mexico border wall and is finally moving on new extensions of the 30-foot-high barrier as it aims to install 500 miles of a new “border system” by the end of next year, officials said on Monday.

Compared to the last wall building effort in 2006 under President George W. Bush, when it took two years to start digging on approved projects, the Trump administration has cut that to 9-11 months, said a senior administration official.

And once the $3.6 billion in money redirected from the Pentagon lands in the hands of border officials, they expect the construction of 2-3 miles a week will surge.

On a day when the administration revealed a dramatic drop in apprehensions of illegal immigrants for a third month in a row, officials also drew attention to the wall building efforts and pushed back at critics who have suggested that the administration wasn’t building anything new.

Yet not one piece of new wall or fence has been built by Trump

And now we have Trump asking his supporters to chant “finish the wall” instead of “build the wall”

Your more likely to see unicorns at the border than 400 new miles of a barrier being erected.

I suspect when we get into the last few months of the election Trump will just bare faced lie that he has delivered on his promise to build a wall and anyone that tries to point out the truth will be drowned out by shouts of fake news.

3 Likes

Over 200 miles of inferior walls and fending has been replaced.

We start where the areas of highest need are and then work to fill in between.

1 Like

“The wall projects are moving along as quickly as practicably possible given the unprecedented obstruction from Democrat lawmakers to protect and prolong open borders,” the official wrote in a statement. “These same obstructionists, including many who once supported border barriers, are the same people who would abolish ICE and DHS, let criminals run free across our borders, and turned a blind eye to the scourge human trafficking and child sex slavery enabled by their policies.”

We’re going to need a picture of a Unicorn standing on the wall for next year.

Trumps election campaign was not to repair the wall but build the wall.

The changing of the goal posts is quite obvious to see. Repairing existing infrastructure is not the same as building new sections of the wall. I doubt very much that Mexico paid for these repairs.

Trump claimed he would build a big beautiful wall and Mexico would pay for it. Neither has happened.

Come election time if no new wall has been built and I doubt it will be, I wonder what new verbal and mental gymnastic his sycophantic cultists will engage in, in a desperate attempt to defend their one true god.

4 Likes

So no new wall has been built? Regardless of the reasons why, has Trump delivered on his promise to build a big beautiful wall and Mexico will pay for it. Its a simple yes or no answer.

This was the unambiguous promise he made time and time again during his election campaign.

1 Like

I’d play clip after clip, after clip, after clip of that border wall being constructed…to promote my political campaign. The wall’s construction is the campaign promise that got Trump elected and that promise being fulfilled will do it again.

1 Like

Replacing fences that don’t stop anyone with walls that stop all above and below ground traffic is exactly what I want.

I want that first to be done in the areas of highest traffic as well and then to work to fill in between.

That is exactly what is happening and the rate of construction has more than doubled so by the end of next year he’ll be well on his way to keeping his promise.

Of course, democrats have tried everything they could think of to stop him through the courts and those cases took time to worth their way through the process but now those barriers are coming down one after another so the job is getting done.

I never cared how it was paid for, I just want it done.

1 Like

What you want is irrelevant. I am discussing what Trump claimed he would do and what he claims he has done.

As of today Has Trump being successful in his election promise to build a big beautiful wall and have Mexico pay for it.

Once again its a yes or no answer.

He’s getting it done, I’m fine with it.

I agree and that promise got him elected. Now honestly consider all of the forces that have actively worked against Trump to fulfill that promise. In spite of all those forces, old walls have been replaced with a wall that is accomplishing the goal of reducing illegal immigration. New wall construction will be one of the deciding factors of the upcoming election and libs know that. The glee in their voices as they cheer the wall not having been built yet, is all a part of the forces working against it’s construction and to place a D in the WH…

That he’s been able to get any of it build with all of the opposition and delay tactics borders on the miraculous.

There isn’t a politician alive that’s been able to keep every promise they ran on in any free country that I’m aware of.

Platforms are built on hopes and dreams and then they slam into reality.

Tick, tock… September 30th is coming quickly…

What has he got built so far? From everything I can determine not one mile of new wall has been built.

Repairing existing sections is not the same as building new sections.

And? I’m sure you think you have a point there somewhere?

So just for the record you are saying Trump has managed to build new sections of the wall that prior to his election did not exist?

Fascinating.

5 Likes