Government Welfare

Could you imagine how much money we could save if we just got rid of companies.

Just a point of clarification.

Taxation is taking. The absence of taking is not giving.

I understand the point youā€™re making there, but the taking-vs-giving muddling in discussions on taxation is a common mistake people make.

I was surprised at this stat:

ā€œFor 2011, hereā€™s the breakdown of welfare recipients: 16.3% of Non-Hispanic Whites. 39.7% of Non-Hispanic Blacks. 36.4% of Hispanics. **Hispanics represent the fastest rate of growth for any demographic group (a 15% increase since the year 2000)**.ā€

I thought the number of Whites was larger than 16.3%? The statistics on Hispanics is very concerning, but not surprising as what would be expected with the number of people coming in from Central and South America.

I wonder if anyone on this thread besides myself sees as fraud crossing state lines to get assistance one otherwise wouldnā€™t get.

States have choices in who they accept & reject for food stamps even though they are federally funded. Some states arenā€™t too happy to give Medicaid to able bodied adults with no children.

Iā€™ve known my share of the residents of states like Florida who have traveled north to states like Massachusetts, Connecticut and Minnesota to get everything from Medicaid to a higher pay out on TANF. THIS, I suspect, is a more common fraud than the urban Cadillac driving welfare queen. And relatively few of these transplants are from minority groups.

Iā€™ve heard of anecdotal accounts of young single mothers living in PA coming into NJ just to get NJ welfare benefits.

I believe it, knowing my share of southern welfare trash (and northern welfare trash that couldnā€™t get assistance living in one of those states) to either migrate or return to MN or the Nee England region.

Here is the irony of these transplanted unwed mothers migrating to NJ for medical benefits:

https://health.usnews.com/health-news/health-insurance/articles/2015/05/26/youve-got-medicaid-why-cant-you-see-the-doctor

They may have low and no copays, but many physicians donā€™t accept it in that state.

I seen a story about a Black man from Jamaican in Floriduh who has 6 wifeā€™s and 18 children, all the women are on Welfare and give the money to this guy, the women n children have to do other things to get money n food, he takes the food cards too.

How about this for a welfare state value? And itā€™s doubtful many poor black peoples take advantage, but the millennial dependents of middle class white peoples?

That welfare state value is the Affordable Care Act & its allowance for ā€œkidsā€ to be covered as dependents on a parentā€™s health insurance until theyā€™re 26.

Itā€™s not even uncommon for some of these individuals to become unwed mothers while theyā€™re living in momā€™s basement & on her insurance. Guess who gets to pay for babyā€™s insurance?

It was an embarrassment when I was an adult in the ā€˜90ā€™s to admit dependence on parents. Some of these individuals bost proudly about how theyā€™re still on parentā€™s insurance, or got married & spouse stayed on mommy or daddyā€™s insurance. Dude, you marry her, you pay for her.:rage:

So while LBJā€™s Welfare Act probably didnā€™t encourage independence or fiscal responsibility, it isnā€™t the only legislation guilty of that. And from what Iā€™m seeing, there is no color monopoly on unwed motherhood or devaluation of marriage or expectation of hand outs.

Yup, Barry O so loved the poor, he made millions more!
Millennials are a product of the Democrats.

The GOP has done a great job getting all the rightwingers terrified of the poor.

1 Like

You have to look at it as a percentage of the populationsā€¦

A lot of people on public assistance ARE working. The income maximum for participation is not $0.00.

Look up Temporary Assistance for Needy Families.

Unless there is an infant under the age of one in the house, at least one adult in the household must be working part time, number of hours minimum dependent on the ages of any children in the household.

I donā€™t know where some get the idea that people are either on welfare or working. Not to mention there is one assistance program designed to help parents go to workā€”state childcare vouchers. To get those, proof of a job or schooling must be shown.

This isnā€™t even starting to make sense.

Is something like this what you had in mind?

Floriduh?

I know relatively few who move to Florida in search of various public assistance programs.

Iā€™ve known my share who either moved up here ir returned here (Massachusetts) seeking everything frOm Medicaid to Food Stamps after getting denied in Florida.

One moved to Minnesota to get a higher pay out on what was then Assistance to Families with Dependent Children. Oh, and the woman who moved was white and husband/sperm donor didnā€™t leave because of the Welfare Act, but to serve prison time.

Yep.

The welfare to white people in the 50ā€™s and 60ā€™s in the form of building the middle class which was denied to minorities has reverberations today.

Yetā€¦ the people who most likely benefitted from that Government largess will do everything that they can to deny it all the while tsk tsking people who are on ā€œWelfareā€

Of course thereā€™s more white people on aid, thereā€™s 230 million white people in this country and only 39 million black people and bout 45 million Hispanics, now lets talk about ratios and how many out of those are on aid.
I bet half of that 39 million is on welfare, and I know for fact that half of 230 million white people arenā€™t on it, can you hear me now?

The Democrats Domestic policies have kept the Black man down n out and have aborted them by the millions, yet they still cling to the ones that have brought this upon them.

Every Republican voted for the Black man to have rights as a human being, the Democrats voted 100% against it, we also voted for them to be able to bear arms to be able to protect themselves and we also voted for them to be able to vote!
Every single Democrat voted against such things.
Republicans are the party of Lincoln, Democrats are the party of Andrew Jackass who took my families land from us and sold it to slave owners, The Democrats still use fake news and say its the other way around, lol