Government interference in private business

Trump is not in Congress.

Move on down the road you don’t like what I’m offering. You don’t have a right to work here.

Nope form a union. You cons hate workers having any kind of power.

I so heart that people will take the argument of owners and not labor when the vast majority of people are labor.

You can of course take that attitude but if we all agree to not work for you for low wages… your widgets don’t get made.

The buyers of labor don’t have all of the power but as long as they convince everyone else that they are powerless then they can hold wages down.

And people will argue that side for freeberty.

Very odd.

What an ignorant statement. Do you ever pause for a second before hitting the ‘reply’ button?

I can find somebody to do it.

The more that I think about it, the more I want Trump and his worshipers attacking unions. It’s a brilliant strategy, no way it’ll backfire! :rofl:

I am sure you can. And then don’t pay them enough to live on and bam… they are unionized.

Extortion.

Working Man!

And then BAM! they can move on down the road.

Yes you want to extort the workers.

If they don’t want to move down the road, they can unionize. Organizing labor to collectively say they won’t work unless they are paid a certain amount is no more extortion than the owners of capital saying they will fire/won’t hire someone unless they get paid less. It’s a balance of power.

Hilarious

That is exactly the finish line of the discussion. The right in this country has really jumped the shark in that respective.

Yep. People selling their labor have a say in the price also.

Some people don’t like to accept that for reasons I just don’t understand

What they “want” is irrelevant, they don’t own the business.

They want to share in the profit, not the risk.

Sure they do. Their say is moving on down the road.

So if the business goes under they still get paid?

Of course what they want is relevant. There are two sides to the market. If the business owner wants his ■■■■ made, he’ll pay workers what they want.

And of course labor has risk. They are risking their livelihood on whether the owner runs his business successfully. They are risking opportunity costs.

2 Likes