Government interference in private business

Please list the things that are so much better about it than NAFTA.

I didn’t say it was better.

Why not?

Just reinforces the all talk no action thing then.

1 Like

If I had been on the receiving end of either one of those phone calls, my response would have been something to the effect of:

"Tell you what pal - you worry about your house, and I’ll handle my own house the way I see fit. Goodbye. "

1 Like

I’m not running the company. The maximum effective range of an excuse is precisely zero meters. Fix it.

Deals stabilize. The market likes stable. Even I know that.

Perfectly acceptable response. Until you need a bail out.

We had a deal already. A lot of the problems with Canada that Trump complains about was dealt with in TPP and he killed that.

But hey… at least we have all of those biilateral trade agreements with Pacific Rim countries that the TPP was designed to deal with.

Wait…

1 Like

I keep saying this but we need to continue to thank Trump for forcing his supporters to say what they really feel (and not what they’ve pretended to be for decades).

That’s really, really cool.

Now we have a new deal.

Which is better than the old one in what ways?

I didn’t say it was better.

Well, personally, I don’t think the government should be in the business of bailouts either. Let the company either find an alternative financing method or liquidate.

1 Like

Okay. Then let’s amend.

The President is all talk and mostly inaction. When he does take action it is pretty weak.

No he didn’t.

No we don’t.

Has yet to be ratified by a legislative body of any country.

Just FYI.

Let us see your tax returns. :grin:

You know, if Trump is so concerned about this plant reopening, he could have his kids buy the factory and use it to manufacture something - put his money where his mouth is.

1 Like