GOP worries it’s losing impeachment fight

I wonder what their first clue was.
Notice how they all say they’re worried about losing in 2020, not worried about the country… party over country for the GOP.

Does he need to be so unhinged? He says the dumbest things,” said one Republican senator who vented frustration with the president’s outbursts on Twitter and in front of the White House press corps.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/467388-gop-worries-its-losing-impeachment-fight

What did they expect when they sold their soul to the devil?

3 Likes

They didn’t have a clue when he talked about the size of his…hands…in the debates?

Good lord.

This is the guy who crowed—on 9/11—that because of the attacks he now had the tallest building in New York.

What in the actual ■■■■ did they expect?

1 Like

They definitely are at the moment, in a big way.

Human Scum, those GOP :rofl:

Well, it appears they are in fact losing. This is a serious blow to the Cult-45.

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1187811195643973632

They have to provide the material within 5 days. :flushed:

1 Like

Yeah, no freaking kidding they’re worried. Trump attempted to get a foreign nation to interfere in our elections. Personally. Over the phone. With witnesses!

I know! That blew my mind as well.

If its not a Supreme Court ruling, Trump will appeal, so I wouldn’t get too excited about this. Trump has repeatedly lost lower court rulings about his stonewalling but he hasn’t given anything up yet.

… .Except that apparently the Trump Organization has retained a real estate broker to sell the Washington Hotel. Classic, if you can’t stand the heat get out of the kitchen move. What will be interesting is whether they can sell it and for what, given that there winning bid when they got the property was significantly higher than anyone elses. At the time, everyone remembers what a bad deal Donald made when he bought the Plaza Hotel in New York – among the worst of his many money losing business deals.

1 Like

It’s like deciding to become best buds with Keith Richards, then being annoyed that he smokes and drinks too much.

2 Likes

Or insulted Cruz’ wife? Or assigned juvenile nicknames to his GOP primary candidates? Or any number of other red flags he threw up?

Nah - complete mystery why this is so difficult.

I’m not so sure this will make it to the USSC. Especially with what we already know, and what Judge Howell says in the ruling.

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1187822673885388803

So the Judicial Branch blows a hole in the GOP’s demands of a formal vote being required for Impeachment. Which anyone who has read the Constitution already knew.

2 Likes

I agree… Unless there is some secret paragraph in the constitution that I haven’t seen, I’m not sure what even an appeals court would review…

1 Like

Here is a good summary of the ruling.

Judge rules DOJ must turn over Mueller grand jury material to House Democrats

In a double victory for Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Judge Beryl Howell — the chief federal judge in Washington — ruled that the impeachment inquiry Democrats have launched is valid even though the House hasn’t taken a formal vote on it. The decision rejects arguments by DOJ and congressional Republicans that a formal vote is necessary to launch impeachment proceedings.

“Even in cases of presidential impeachment, a House resolution has never, in fact, been required to begin an impeachment inquiry,” Howell determined, dismissing GOP arguments as unsupported. “These contentions are, at worst, red herrings and, at best, incorrect,” ruled Howell

Sorry Cult-45. It’s going to be a long weekend.

1 Like

Indeed. The text of the Constitution is pretty cut and dried on this one. Even the attacks on the process are being denied. The Trump defenders are being squeezed from every angle.

Remember that letter Cipollone wrote?

2 Likes

This is the DC Circuit. The only court of of appeal
is the Supreme Court and it’s unlikely at best they’ll touch this.

1 Like

It was a complete farce when I first read it, and it is coming back to bite them in the ass now. Fitting.