Gop to admit quid but not illegal

LOL. Delayed it in an attempt to extort corrupt political favors for his 2020 campaign.

3 Likes

There is no indication that the motive you ascribe to Trump’s delay of the payment is anything other than a fevered conspiracy theory. He knew many others were listening in. It would have been political suicide for him to try that during such a call. And other listeners in saw no such direct or implied threat to the Ukrainian president. The only one’s who say they saw a quid pro quo with menaces were personnel who also objected to Trump reconfiguring foreign policy away from their own preferred Ukrainian stance. This seems to be more a tussle over who should decide US foreign policy settings, than one over ethical processes for achieving foreign policy goals.

Like the top whitehouse lawyer who IMMEDIATELY classified the call as highly classified and told Lt Col Vindman not to discuss it with ANYBODY?

3 Likes

It certainly means something quite different from "First do me a favour. "

But comparing delaying military aid funding until closer to the legal deadline for its release to shoplifting is not asinine. Got it.

Tell me. Had Trump decided that Ukraine was not serious about cleaning up its corruption, would he have been able to petition the house to reconsider its decision to grant the military aid, and potentially have the house decide to cancel their grant?

It was a conversation between two heads of state. I would expect the same classification and instruction would be given after every such call. You would not want any private Head of State to Head of State calls being reported in the press. For obvious reasons.

Is anyone really surprised that the GOP might make this move? Most of us saw it coming from a mile away.

1 Like

Why was the aid delayed till Sept 11th?

Here’s a hint. What happened Sept 9th?

2 Likes

As I asked ukboy. “Tell me. Had Trump decided that Ukraine was not serious about cleaning up its corruption, would he have been able to petition the house to reconsider its decision to grant the military aid, and potentially have the house decide to cancel their grant?”

It could have been a good political move for Trump to do as I am suggesting, if the new Ukrainian president had been insincere, making the Dems justify their knowingly assisting a corrupt Ukraine.

I took our cat to the vet. Why is that relevant?

1 Like

You took your cat to the vet and what did the House (of Rep and not Pancakes) do?

5 Likes

The pentagon sent this letter to congress on May 26, 2019…

Given the pentagons determination that substantial actions had been take to combat corruption and that they intended to release the funds no sooner than 15 days following this letter, I ask again, why was the funding delayed?

https://apps.npr.org/documents/document.html?id=6430088-Pentagon-Letter-On-Ukraine-Aid

1. He did it.
  2. He bragged about it.
  3. The crackhead was a coincidence.
  4. He found out from the media.
  5. Wash, rinse, repeat.

:rofl: the Pentagon’s determination that actions corruption justice system.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Given the obvious corruption in the DoJ, FBI, and CIA, do you think perhaps POTUS may have had cause to question the Pentagon’s assurances re Ukraine. Maybe he wanted to make his own assessment.

1 Like

Under what law would he be conducting this assessment? I’m sure they will be asked to provide the work products from the assessment that magically concluded 3 days after the whistleblower notified congress.

You guys wanted public hearings, this is the kind of easy story the house is going to build… If some random forum member can put together this much, imagine how much the attorneys working with the house are going to come up with…

Essentially. Check the article.

can you please show us a republican senator acknowledging there was a qpq?

should be easy. from a mile away, and all

Easy easy. This is from the chief of staff for Trump. Mick Mulvaney admits quid pro quo with Ukraine - YouTube

A huge coincidence I’m sure that it revolves specifically around Burisma or whatever.