GOP Senator..."Worst military briefing I've heard in my 9 years"

“Republican Sen. Mike Lee of Utah was furious on Wednesday after a Senate briefing on President Donald Trump’s decision to order an airstrike that killed Iran’s Maj. Gen. Qassem Soleimani”

Says he will now support War Power Resolution.

Wow - maybe some of the GOP folks are starting to wake up. One can only hope.

1 Like

Don’t be too wowed. Mike Lee is a never Trumper. Don’t get your hopes too high.

1 Like

The only thing i want to hear from Senators as they leave the briefing is “Thank you Mr. President”

But i guess being never trumpers is more important to them. THANK HIM.

He should eat his peas and be an always-Trumper.

2 Likes

Would love to share your optimism, but that’s not going to happen. They’re too far gone and are willing to go down on the SS Trumptanic. They have made their deal with the devil.

1 Like

Thank him for what?

Telling us he’d get us out of a Forever War and then embroiling us deeper in it?

Every dead American soldier during this new war is on Trump’s head.

Trump man good.

1 Like

Yeah, when push comes to shove he’ll probably kiss the ring. Just surprised there’s still an R in DC that will dare speak negatively of The Chosen One

1 Like

I haven’t read this thread yet but I bet I’m going to see a bunch of nasty posts towards Lee.

Let’s see if I was correct…

Oh crap…I forgot to guess “But…Dems and OBAMA”.

How could I have missed that one?

So basically hes saying he enjoyed Obama’s military briefings.

1 Like

Yeah.

He’s only co-chairing the President’s 2020 Utah campaign…

So if these rockets had killed Americans it would be Trump fault?

Two rockets landed in Baghdad’s “Green Zone” Wednesday night, likely fired by Iran-backed militia groups.

The rockets exploded in the perimeter of the U.S. Embassy but did not strike the compound. No casualties have been reported, according to Fox News’ Trey Yingst.

Hey- this thread is about Donald :peach: and the GOP. You wanna talk about libs, start your own thread.

Ain’t that the stock reply? :wink:

He should do exactly as he pleases. But the republican party certainly will not be lining up behind him to go to war against Trump.

I agree with those Congressmen and Senators who said today that there was nothing in the briefing that would violate national security laws. Therefore I would like to see that data released to the public so we can all make up our minds.

What war would that be? A war with no battles? With one casualty per month? You are definitely in more danger roaming the South Side of Chicago than you would be walking around Iraq with a squad of Marines.

1 Like

You mean Mr. Lee doesn’t kiss trump’s ass like most of the GOP?

Lol. The south side isnt really that bad