GOP Rep. Steve Scalise calls for domestic terrorism to be a federal crime

For more craziness Trump reduced the budget for domestic terrorism also

1 Like

Then read it again.

Here’s a hint. When a party is attacked, that party should respond… and Trump is a model of that approach. Ocasio-Cortez acts just like Trump in that regard. Maybe I should invoked her.

You’re writing in riddles.
No time for it.

Holy crap.

Do people really support that?

Try this.

When terrorists attack the United States, the federal government should respond.

Simple enough?

Define a terrorist? How does one attack the United States?

With breaking news cycle every 17 mins because Trump did something stupid I’m sure it was over looked

1 Like

Leave domestic terrorists alone!!

1 Like

Terrorism is just like any other crime. Let the locals take care of it. The Federal Government should only be involved if the terrorists are foreign. That’s what the law says and that’s what the law should always be.

He got shot…I’m sure that made an impression.

Do you feel the same way about Islamic terrorism?

read for yourself

3 Likes

This post is problematic

There you go folks; terrorism simply doesn’t exist

1 Like

What a really, really bizarre stance to take (especially given the words used for Islamic terrorists).

domestic terrorist are usually white supremacists. Have to protect them at all costs.

In this case I agree with the gentleman from Texas.

Allan

1 Like

Laws are for other people

Looking at you blaming the victim. When will the white supremacists and domestic terrorists in this country catch a break

Shooting up a shopping center for political purposes is terrorism.
Shooting up a shopping center for other reasons isn’t, but still violates a bunch of laws.

I can’t help but think that federal terrorism legislation would be similar to hate crime legislation. An enhancement to the penalties of existing laws based on the motives of the criminal.

Is there an action that is currently legal, that would be criminal under the proposed legislation?

El Paso was not domestic terrorism. The central government was not attacked. There was no political motivation.

24 murder cases.

that’s not what terrorism is

The unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

2 Likes