GOP becoming "Cult-like"

There are plenty of congressmen who hate that the GOP has been replaced by the Trump New Party. But until leadership (McConnell and Ryan) act to allow legislation opposing Trump’s aims, they are giving him carte blanche to do what he wants with no repercussions.

The wild thing is that the base is willing to go wherever Trump leads without criticism as well.

Naw, it’s the Russian trolls hacking simple dem brains on Facebook…

This is the reason I have an issue with the current political climate. Party and political ideology has turned our country into a bunch of uninformed, hypocritical, mindless drones enslaved by our political ideologies, enslaved by talk radio, enslaved by the pundits, enslaved to the politicians that are suppose to be working for us. Time for us to start being honest and consistent because right now we all are looking like fools, following a fool. For example, I laughed, but was saddened at the same time when I watched a recent vid of our host praising and giving 45 props with the Kim meeting, but raked President Obama over the coals for wanting to do the same damn thing as it relates to talking to dictators. Amazing how 45 mentioned about potential wanting to put an embassy in North Korea, many in the GOP didn’t say nothing, but called Obama everything, but a child of God for opening one in Cuba.

Cult-like is a very kind word, it’s more like 45 = Jim Jones and the GOP down in Guyana guzzling the kool-aid.

Now I know the usual suspects are going to come in here and defend and deflect, and that’s fine, continue to make yourself look like damn fool. In this current climate, conscientious stupidity and sincere ignorance rules the day.
Continue to bow down to your new lord and savior, because it sure as hell not Yeshua(Jesus).

4 Likes

As if you don’t get your walking orders from talk radio, Fox news, our host and whoever else fit your political ideology. How bout you think for yourself. I see your strings.

I didn’t say anyone was lying. I said a few are being honest. I don’t think you’ll get that though.

Please sir, may I have another.

The cultists swill the ■■■■ Trump dishes out and call it Filet Mignon all in hope of MAGA

Allan

Not from this rating website which gives him a conservative “F” based on his actual votes in Congress and not on what he campaigned on which seems to be in agreement & alignment with the voters in Tennessee who have rejected him.

https://www.conservativereview.com/scorecard/

“Conservatism” is now whatever Fox News and the rest of the CEC says it is. Its become extremely fungible in the age of Trump.

1 Like

Interesting. Thanks for the link. Did you see how many Republicans he scored higher than on this rating scale even though? Substantially higher conservative ratings than many of his colleagues.

hell roxie Orin Hatch got an F too (29%), and he’s on the RINO 25 list (#16)

Allan

None of that matters anymore. The only thing that matters for a Republican politician is if they’re willing to bend knee to Trump.

1 Like

Absolutely. And history will judge them all very harshly for this too.

That site gives Mark Sanford a really high grade, not good enough for trumpers.

Well apparently Senators Pat Roberts, Cory Gardner, Bill Cassidy, Roy Blunt, Richard Burr, John Thune, Thom Tillis, Roger Wicker, Jon Cornynn, Todd Young, Lindsay Graham, John McCain, Shelley Capito, Mike Rounds, Johnny Isakson, John Hoeven, Orrin Hatch, Lisa Murkowski and Mitch McConell all earned Fs and lower scores than Corker. Thats quite a list of failing Republican RINOs.

If only there were some way the RNC could show their true love for Trump with some grand display of affection. Perhaps they could rig the primaries in her, I mean his favor…

Becoming?

It was proven last night when Mark Sanford, member of the Freedom Caucus and a true, genuine conservative, was tossed out in his primary in favor of a Trumpist. His sin? He was a frequent Trump critic.

This is why so many Rs are afraid to speak out… they will be swamped in the next primary.

Corker and Flake have nothing to lose by speaking out now. If I’m not mistaken, wasn’t Corker the guy who really wanted the Sec of State job? Now that he and Flake and Sanford will be out of Congress next year, they can speak their minds. But Sanford already was. So was Flake before he announced he wasn’t going to run again if I remember right.

Corker is an opportunist. As far as Ds picking up his seat, I think that is quite doubtful, even though Ds have a good challenger for Marsha Blackburn

1 Like

Trump tweeted this yesterday just a few hours before the polls closed in SC.

Mark Sanford has been very unhelpful to me in my campaign to MAGA. He is MIA and nothing but trouble. He is better off in Argentina. I fully endorse Katie Arrington for Congress in SC, a state I love. She is tough on crime and will continue our fight to lower taxes. VOTE Katie!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1006630395067039744

In response, Justin Amash said this, and bravo to him:

.@MarkSanford’s job is to support and defend the Constitution. He’s one of the most principled, consistent, and conservative members of Congress I’ve ever known. And unlike you, Mark has shown humility in his role and a desire to be a better man than he was the day before.

https://twitter.com/justinamash/status/1006639452482162688

3 Likes

This is mainly on McConell. He holds the cards. If he had decided to oppose Trump and support Corkers call for a repeal of the tarriffs- he would have started a civil war in the GOP. He is a crafty political who can read the tea leaves. Its not time yet to draw the knife out for Trump. But rest assured when the time comes, McConnell will deliver the blow, only secretly behind his back so the public cannot see.

I vote for individualism…You vote for collectivism. Collectivist by definition want to be told how to think,and live.