GOOGLE GLITCH: Search Engine Labels Republicans as ‘NAZIS’ in Results

Originally published at: GOOGLE GLITCH: Search Engine Labels Republicans as ‘NAZIS’ in Results | Sean Hannity

Technology giant Google came under fire Thursday after the search engine listed “Nazism” as the official ideology of the California Republican Party, sparking outrage from GOP supporters across the country.

According to Vice News, the term “Nazism” was used to describe the party’s ideology in the search engine’s “knowledge panel,” which shows quick information on a subject the user may be interested in.

Google has since removed the party’s “ideology” panel from the search engine.

“It is disgraceful that the world’s largest search engine has labeled millions of California Republicans as Nazis,” said GOP congressman Kevin McCarthy.

“This is just the latest incident in a disturbing trend to slander conservatives. These damaging actions must be held to account. The bias has to stop,” he added.

Read the full story at Vice News.

There are ads during our host’s radio show about fixing search engine results for businesses. Why don’t they just use that service?

1 Like

Looks like Google is just pulling the summary of the organization from Wikipedia. And given that Wiki is editable by anyone, I would bet a whiny, snotty-nosed, basement-dwelling Republican loser added that so they can get their daily dose of victimhood.

1 Like

It wasn’t google doing this. A basic understanding shows that the info card is based on information on Wikipedia. Which is editable.

Learn2internet.

1 Like

Stop with the ■■■■■■■ caps already…holy ■■■■ it’s annoying.

2 Likes

LIBERAL UNHINGED: Profanity Laced MELTDOWN after MEDIA BIAS is EXPOSED.

Not really surprising. It hasnt’ been that long since the Democratic Leadership Mantra was labeling republicans as terrorists.

Google is little more than an extension of the DNC these days so it’s expected.

And without even reading the thread, WR proves he doesn’t understand how the internet works.

Non-stories, with clickbait titles, like this one serve only to whip the soldiers into a frenzy. Good little soldier, WR!

1 Like

I know exactly how google works.

Yet you implied Google was at fault here.

I know, you will claim that you weren’t implying that…save your breath.

1 Like

Why post that then? :thinking:

You already know Google didn’t get slap the Nazi label there on purpose but just pulled what is usually relevant information and displayed it. You already saw how quickly they removed it when pointed out. How does that previous post makes sense in the context of being knowledgeable about Google?

Even the OP calls it a glitch (though that’s probably just for the alliteration)

1 Like

I know google’s search algorithm’s can be manipulated to get a desired result.

It’s really hilarious that hardcore righties have no ******* clue how the internet works. It’s a complete mystery to them, and it makes them feel victimized. But it’s just their own ignorance that is to blame.

You just displayed publicly that you don’t.

1 Like

Just wondering "party free " if you ever criticize the left for anything?

1 Like

No, I displayed the truth, you just don’t like it.

Of course. And it’s no big deal the California gop was compared to Nazis because a lot of the left believe that.

2 Likes

Yes, and that has literally nothing to do with the way Google scrapes wiki to populate the right-hand info box. This is the most nothingest story that ever nothinged.

1 Like

You righties are just clueless when it comes to the internet. It’s ******* embarrassing how bad you suck at understanding it.

The information presented by the Google search result is a summary taken from Wikipedia. Wikipedia is community-sourced, meaning anyone can edit it.

Today someone edited the California GOP page and added “Fascism” to their ideology. The IP address 50.225.53.2 was that of the editor.

This is an old revision of this page, as edited by 50.225.53.2 (talk) at 19:40, 31 May 2018. The present address (URL) is a permanent link to this revision, which may differ significantly from the current revision.

If you click on this link, you’ll see the page as it appears after the edit.

Google had nothing to do with this. Got it? It was most likely a whiny, snotty-nosed Republican that loves to be a victim in life.

1 Like

I have to reply to say they added “Nazism” in the edit, not “Fascism”.

It must be amazing to think that magic is taking place when you open a web browser.