Good stocks for the Biden reign

Russia - one is Sberbank (SBRCY) there biggest bank 5.15% annual dividend. The other a mining company (MMC Norilsk Nickel) NILSY 4.97% annual dividend.

If one uses the trading tool app (Robinhood) there is no transaction/trading fees for overseas ADR stocks.

Most of them has I never seen IPO’s take off like this year I racked up on both SNOW and U (Unity Software). Seems people are hungry for new stocks. I did lose however on Goodrx ipo stock

Haven’t used robinhood, I use Schwab. A lot of brokerages have gone to no transaction fees due to Robinhood. I haven’t invested in foreign companies- yet. I am looking at investing in lithium and China is a huge player in that market. You’ve got some good dividends though, hope they keep paying off for you

I use Schwab as well as Etrade but both charge a fee (Although Small) for trading foreign stocks otc unless they are listed on the NYSE.

Think of Robinhood as more of a long term tool the only negative that I ran across is they don’t reinvest dividends but put the balance in your account the good news is you can buy stocks by the shares or by dollars to pennies so if your dividend let’s say was $42.27 but the stock price was $200 you could just reinvest the $42.27 in the stock yourself no charge.

Imho it isn’t a good platform for active trading but a very good one for grabbing foreign stocks, or buying stocks that are very expensive like Amazon you could buy in cash the amount you want. Schwab allows you to buy individual chunks in certain stocks, but Robinhood you can buy any amount you want in any stock.

Another good thing on Robinhood you can buy crypto coins free of charge as well. I use 3 platforms etrade is my day trader for options I love the interface on etrade pro. Schwab is good as well and that is were my 401k is. Robinhood is were I buy niche foreign stocks and Bitcoin.

I highly recommend trying Robinhood it’s secure and no minimum starting balance when I joined.

I’ll look into robinhood. I started years ago with options Xpress, which was bought by Schwab. It’s met my needs, but IMO it’s not the most user friendly. I haven’t done much trading in several years. I don’t have the time to watch closely anymore, that’s why I’ve began doing covered calls. I’m not attached to the stocks so if they get called away I either wait till they drop and buy it back or buy something else…

1 Like

I never tried options xpress it gets high ratings though. I don’t like the current levels of the market right now personally. I think that’s one of the reason IPOs are doing so good right now people are looking for a value, as well taking a chance as so many companies are overvalued.

If you start getting into the micro valuations of stocks the market is just ridiculous. For instance and you probably know this a good example is Tesla. Insanely overvalued yet as I speak it’s up 4% today at $634 a share while JP Morgan analyst last week said it’s worth $90. But I am not brave enough to short that stock.

For the past few months I’ve been messing with overseas stocks, bitcoin and some IPOs. I did have a sizable position in Moderna but I sold it about a month ago I wish I wouldn’t have. But it’s so overvalued now even with a COVID vaccine not sure if it’s a good buy unless one thinks they will start manufacturing a lot of new drugs which could be the case. Or it could be the case they become the “It” most popular of the COVID drugs I see Pfizer is taking a beating today.

I like Amazon, I still I think Apple is to high. It could go higher but they did a 5-1 split a few months ago. It was trading around $80 before the COVID crash and since then have been reporting about the same level of sells they always do. So a 40% gain in a few months with little gains in sales.

It’s hard to find value in the U.S. market today unless one looks into the energy and entertainment sectors and I’m not ready to do that just yet.

There’s a Chinese company BYD. It is the largest maker of Electric cars in China and its backed by Warren Buffett. On one hand, I hate the thought of helping China in anything, but on the other, they are going to rise, and electric cars are going to skyrocket. BYD is very affordable. I wouldn’t touch energy right now, I don’t believe Biden is going to be energy friendly, unless it’s green.

I used to trade apple while it was under 50.00, but the options prices started getting insane. I haven’t checked it’s options prices since the split, even at its current post split price, I’m not going to buy. There are too many lower prices stocks poised to soar in the near future. Really, all the FANG stocks are too high for me…

Never heard of BYD will look into it I did invest in NIO another competitor of Tesla in China but pulled out after it doubled it was a dumb move it went on to hit $54 I got out at $15.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it but I don’t like the volatility in Chinas markets so only a small position would I personally make although some have done well others not so much. A guy from work lost over a 1/4 of his portfolio on Luckin coffee a Chinese company who got delisted as they were lying about their sales.

I agree with you on Fang I still think and I could be wrong Amazon could go up more but Apple, Netflix, Google those are so high comparative to valuation. Microsoft is a good boring stock although it has a ■■■■ dividend. I have a few boring stocks that rarely move much but they have 4-6% dividend Microsoft is like 1%.

If I get some time in the next few days I’m gonna start looking into some more emerging market stocks. Some of the ones I got in Russia was for the reasons that they been hit so hard by sanctions from the U.S. the companies that stayed strong I imagine have a good chance of doing well.

Not to mention all we did was drive Russia into China’s arms, not a smart move imho.

It’s essentially impossible since all the good companies have been on major runs along with many companies that have yet to prove themselves. There’s going to be pullback at some point.

Over the years, across multiple administrations, my retirement account has steadily grown. I fully expect it will continue. Yes there have been ups and downs and I fully expect them to continue, but I expect the overall trend will continue to go up.

Maybe he will resurrect Solyndra?

I have a sad feeling he will try. Anything that hurts America will be what he’s for, that’s why I’m looking at Chinese companies…

The Georgia election is the most important one I am watching. If the republicans win the market should be fine they can block everything, if the democrats win that means and incoming business tax or as Cramer would say SELL SELL SELL!

SELL SELL SELL a lot of things, but look to BUY BUY BUY others. It’s a sure bet he’s going to destroy energy companies and defense companies. Healthcare companies should gain. American manufacturing companies and suppliers will be badly hurt, Chinese companies will do great. Home security should do well as crime skyrockets. Americans will want security and the government will be buying stuff to spy on us. Companies that can fill both needs will do fantastic. Facebook, Google and Twitter will do great as they will become more and more powerful in controlling the flow of information and useful to aid the government in spying…

Of course Capital gains taxes will be raised high enough to where most people won’t profit enough to bother with investing, but there is some time before that goal is reached for the savvy investor to prepare and make some money. Time is short and when Bolshevik Bernie and Comrade Kamala are in charge, it will be too late.

Good advice. I think i’m selling either way though.

I wouldn’t buy a stick of gum worth of stock if biden takes office.

Ya it’s inevitable, I use to park my money in U.S. treasuries at times like these waiting for the correction but treasuries are a joke now the lowest actually having a negative interest rate which I have been saying was coming to America eventually.

The China virus accelerated it.

It wouldn’t take much to spark a panic sell off. We are in worse shape today than we were during the selloff in March. That is why I am paying attention to the Georgia senate elections. Unfortunately since polling sucks so bad it’s hard to gauge who is actually winning right now.

The market is ridiculously priced, who knows when it will happen but it will happen and I would rather be the guy who misses a 20% increase in the market than the one who loses 20% of my portfolio.

Anyone looking at the market could see there is way more probability of a sudden sell off than the market going up another 20%. A correction is coming, not sure when but a democratic controlled Senate would definitely be spark, as the market likes checks and balances.

Everything you said is true. I’m afraid the correction may be more than 20 percent especially if biden started choking businesses with the old regulations and back to the old unfair trade practices with China.

Being retired i don’t want to take such hits to my investments. Hits that might take many years to recover.

Better for me to liquify and nail down the money i’ve made during the Trump years.