Good News? September Jobs Report

It’s not a “gift” but rather they get to keep more of their own money.

Oh it trickles down … in the form of mortgages, student loans, credit cards, payment plans. But it trickles right back up at interest.

1 Like

In other words, they pay less for the benefits afforded to them by society. It’s a gift.

That’s a silly Warrenesque argument.

So corporations don’t benefit from government provided services?

On top of that, they benefit to the eventually detriment of middle and lower class families when the GOP starts to attack the programs that largely benefit them under the rallying cry of “DEFICITS! DEBT! SPENDING BEYOND OUR MEANS!”

1 Like

Indeed.Corps use very little of the commons that taxes pay for. They don’t use the courts, the roads, the basic infrastructure needed, and security to make,market and sell their goods and services.

They really should not have to pay any taxes, for all the positive things they create.

They are still paying a ton of taxes. I will never figure why some think they are entitled to reach into the pockets of hard working others who in the case of corporations and the wealthy pay the bulk of the income taxes and redistribute it to themselves and others.

Kind of like the lazy the 1st year at Jamestown.

Corporations number priority is to make stakeholders happy. The more enticing, the more investors add money. Can’t have an enticing portfolio is you are giving away profits to the employees.

100% correct. This is why I don’t understand why many people refuse to invest in the stock market.

1 Like

That’s because of 2 factors

1 - Volatility. Some people don’t like the idea of losing money over a short period of time. Get the right stock, and over the long run you can make money, lots of it. Just need patience. Its like your 401K. Its gonna lose money once in a great while, but over the long haul, its the right path to take.

2 - Brainwashing that gold or precious metals is the only way to make money.

Yeah, when I was still in the Army I knew some fellow NCOs who would check their investment accounts daily and freak out when ever they dipped in the slightest. And these were guys in their 30s and early 40s. It was weird.

They’re paying a ton in absolute dollars, because they make a ton. But percentage wise, plenty aren’t even paying taxes, yet enjoy the benefits of society. They’re the moochers, not the mom working 3 jobs who has to use food stamps to feed her family.

And this imaginary narrative that hard work = rich is idiotic and needs to stop as it insults the men and women who bust their ass 60+ hours a week at multiple jobs, yet barely make ends meet. As if they’re somehow lazy.

1 Like

Which is why Ted Cruz I find to be one of the slimiest, hypocritical politicians there is. He railed against deficit spending and led the charge to shut down the government over the debt ceiling during Obama. Yet gladly votes to add $1.5T to the deficit.

And as you say, they then have the gall to blame to poor for our financial situation.

1 Like

Because many people can’t afford to invest in the stock market.

But for those who can, yet just let their money sit in a savings account with 0.24% interest, I agree. They’re nuts.

And once again, no money is being given to anyone. With the tax cuts, corporations simply get to keep more of what they earned.

In regards to trickle down, let’s try this on for size.

A new city is being awarded a new sports franchise. Nothing magic about that.

So what does it mean?

For starters, a major construction effort will ensue to build a new stadium.
Lots of jobs; trickle down
Those construction workers will need something to eat. New Restaurants. Food Trucks; trickle down.
Once the stadium is complete, it will be surrounded by lots of entrainment, food, bars, etc… trickle down.

I could go on, but you get the picture.

In this case a very rich person purchases a sports team. The resultant economic boom to the community, lucky enough to host the team, is what trickle down economics is all about.

Real wealth is created and everyone benefits. Trickle down.

Full employment and record corporate profits yet, Americans can’t afford healthcare and a decent education.

They pay large amount of income taxes because they take a large amount of money. In case you havent been around the last 40 years, income inequality is a major problem and concentration of money into the hands of the wealthy is creating further macroeconomic instability.

Some if the least hardworking people I’ve seen were upper management and executives who just sit around in meetings all day and push papers

Says everybody ever that were never either one.