Good News? BLS Report January Jobs 304K

Yeah, but isn’t obvious how you actually hate this and are gritting your teeth in pain!

1 Like

This is a great jobs report. As a liberal and as a Democrat, I can say the numbers are great. On this front, I hope Trump continues the good times economically.

It is a shame that conservatives cant celebrate the jobs report because they think the numbers are completely made up…

They were claiming that unemployment… REAL unemployment… was as high as 40% at the end of obama term… sorry, reign as they liked to put it… and there is no possible way trump has added the tens of millions jobs needed to bring it down to what they are claiming now…

1 Like

Great news, that’s solid!

I was listening to Rush today.

He was saying that all the “fake news” outlets were gnashing their teeth and upset about the fact that there had been job gains rather than losses after the shutdown.

Then he played a clip and it was some woman giving a straightforward report, no gnashing of teeth or ‘praising with faint damns’ involved.

It was just silly.

Great news! (liberal here desperately gritting teeth.)

Seriously hope it keeps up…

Just further confirmation that libs are sane and rational and deal with facts vs the cons during Obama who lived in fantasyland and dismissed anything that didn’t fit their alternate reality.

Good report. Hopefully the Trump shutdown doesn’t torpedo things too bad in next couple of months.

Looks like a good report to me.

They just dont get it

And remember these Obama era chestnuts?

• “Sure the economy added over 300,000 thousand jobs, but i heard that we have to add 350,000 just to keep up with population growth!”
  • “How is it possible that we added jobs and yet the unemployment rate went UP. It’s obvious to anyone that has a brain that the books are cooked.”
  • “Sure we added 300K jobs, but what no one reports is that last month’s, jobs numbers were revised down. The initial reports always make Obama look good and that gets reported on page 1. Then the real numbers come out a month later and that is reported on page A-23 below the fold, in 6 point font.”
  • “The fact that the BLS has to revise these numbers means that they are really bad at estimating. If I were that bad at estimating in my job, I would be fired.”
  • “The newspapers report jobs growth but really these are all part time jobs!”

Did I miss any?

6 Likes

Oh how could I forget:

“92 Million Americans Out of Work!”

Yup,

“Unemployment rate is down because a majority of people have simply given up looking for work !”

Fake news these same reports were bad under Obama

Awwww why not go further back. Pre 1970’s/80’s participation rate was much lower than it is today.

labor

The article gives a good explination of why the rate went up in the 70’s and 80’s and why it’s falling again now.

Not every conservative did. I for one said they were accurate and truthful.

I for one said the rate was correct under Obama, just as I say it’s correct now.

Cool. It might have helped if you had rebuked your fellow cons in real time.

Regardless, it seems many of your fellow conservative posters have conveniently forgotten their cries of “fake numbers” and “labor participation rate”.

You have seen liberals accept the data under Trump. So tell me, which group, libs or cons, generally has been more honestly taking about the labor numbers?

2 Likes

This article gives a good summary of what some of us (definitely myself) have been saying about the labor force participation rate for years.

I present my facts (now as then), that the way these reports are make, the data collects hasn’t changed.

Yes some have. My opinion has remained constant.

There are people on BOTH sides who accepted both, and people on BOTH sides who have rejected.

Of course it is.