Good News? August 2020 Monthly Jobs Report

On that we can agree.

We can also agree that more jobs, less unemployment, and higher wages are good.

Not really…they’ve just “evolved” into politicians. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Nobody struggles harder with poverty than professional athletes. /sarc

You know Obama could have been one of great presidents in modern time.

If you had put the effect into getting the economy rolling as number one priority…he wouldn’t have lost the house in 2010…and he would have been able to pass whatever healthcare he wanted.

But instead he left millions of Americans scrapping the barrel trying to survive.

It took about 5 and half years for my industry to start to return to some resemblance to normalcy.

download (2)

1 Like

In 2010 the Census hired 645,000 folks for temporary jobs to take the count.
They have not released the 2020 numbers but they are expected to be comparable. These folks have been employed the last few months but soon will no longer have that work. So that number should impact the report in the next few months.

Not even close. There is just too much money involved. The fans are still out there. We shall have NFL viewer numbers in the next few weeks. Film at eleven.

I voted against him twice. I also blame President Obama for exacerbating political division exponentially higher than his predecessor and paving the way for today’s climate of distrust in government.

I agree. So much possibilities he had.

I didn’t vote for him…after seeing he ■■■■ that McCain was pushing I’m glad he lost. I couldn’t vote for Mitt either in 2012 so I voted for Johnson.

But Obama had so many possibilities and he wasted it.

Yeah…it’s good news that more people are going back to their old jobs…That they have been laid off from for months due to COVID.

Can we actually say we created X number of jobs, if we haven’t yet sent all the COVID lay offs back to work? All we have really done is send people back to jobs they once had isn’t it?

You have a point, but if we say the economy shed/lost jobs we also have to agree the economy gained/created some back

If we have a President who pro regulation, pro higher taxes, pro globalism and green deal then it certainly will be gloom and doom.

That’s some weird ass misremembering. If he hadn’t passed what he campaigned on he could have possibly rode out the natural swingback of political power and also then got health care passed? Something you and Trump don’t get. Changing healthcare is ■■■■■■■ hard. And the only way ACA got passed was Pelosi twisting arms as hell even though there were a bunch of reps who knew that this was the only chance to get it done and they were going to go down after voting for it. And it got major things done. People bitch about ACA, but America really likes it. That’s why Repubicans can’t destroy it. That’s what actually happened.

1 Like

Crazy as it sounds, a lot of people appreciate regulations. So they can drink the water and or not have it catch fire. And I doubt taxes are going up next year if Biden wins. But, oddly it is nice to pay for the ■■■■ we get. Even it if’s only part of it. And I think a lot of people would like it if our allies and adversaries didn’t laugh at us. And I think a lot of Americans like the idea of moving towards green energy. We will eventually run out of the rest of it so it’s good to start planning. And a ■■■■ ton of good jobs there too.

2 Likes

How does our recovery compare to Europe?

I keep hearing that, like what?

Too many appreciate onerous regulations that drive business and jobs overseas.

Of course they will.

Who is “we”?

Most learn to apply the sticks and stone rhyme before they are out of grade school.

Only if it proven to be affordable and reliable.

Says who?

In the “planning stage”?

Riding a cow is not a sport.

Priceless.