Golden State Killer arrested 30 years on the run

The Golden State Killer was a serial killer from the 80’s who has finally been brought to justice with the arrest of 72 year old Joseph James DeAngelo,

The suspect believed to be the notorious Golden State Killer — who was wanted in a dozen murders and nearly 50 rapes from the late 1970s to the mid-1980s — has been arrested in California, officials said Wednesday.

Joseph James DeAngelo, 72, was arrested early Wednesday at his Citrus Heights home, located 16 miles northeast of Sacramento, after a DNA sample matched to that of the Golden State Killer, officials said at a news conference.

saw that. amazing story all these years later.

here he is…

I’ll Be Gone in the Dark is such a good read on this case.

1 Like

Hopefully this guy proves to be the perp and the families can finally get some closure.

Nobody knows how to mislead police like another cop so this isn’t a particularly surprising outcome.

hang on. this guy was an ex cop who is accused of 12 murders, 45 rapes and 120 burglaries. something tells me this is just the tip of the iceberg and they’re gonna have to review all the cases he was involved in (if that’s even possible) to see what else he did and if he framed other people (planted evidence, etc, etc) for his own crimes.

this is bad, bad news. closure for the families but bad news for those who have to see what else he did. i bet his neighbors, for 30 years feel, are shaken this morning.

and why would he just stop the rapes and murders way back then. he just stopped???

That book freaked me the hell out.

I’m reading that he would break into a house a few days in advance to prepare it for his evil. Then return and rape or murder. This guy is a monster.

I wonder who is in jail at this very moment that he framed for his own (other) crimes.

No way this guy went cold turkey 30 years ago. They’re gonna find that he committed many more crimes.