Going to say it right now

IMO NATO and more precisely EU is just as guilty as Russia and Putin. The west basically ensured Russia that NATO were not going to expand to their borders. They lied. In 1993 EU was created. They wanted to form their own currency and to help that currency compete they needed to expand euros reach.

This is all about EU expansionism…and it’s coming at a price. That’s being paid with Ukraine blood.

People knew this was going to happen decade and half ago…I knew it was going to happen but yet EU/NATO continued expanding.

3 Likes

We don’t get nuked.

Everybody gets nuked.

2 Likes

Russia also didn’t enforce a no fly zone or allow their territory to launch attacks from.

nato doesn’t have borders. the nato charter is clear, any european country can apply for membership and if there is unanimous agreement join. there is a caveat, they cannot be currently engaged in hostilities. so long as donbass was on simmer, by nato’s own rules ukraine could not be admitted. nato is a defensive alliance and so long as russia does not attack it is no threat.

the eu is an entirely different animal. it is expansionary, is aggressive, and is a threat. eventually, it will be a threat to us too. many european states are in both nato and the eu, but the two organizations are not interchangeable

as far as guilt goes, putin chose this course, nobody chose it for him. it is 100% on him

Yes they have borders…borders that they secure, borders that they bring NATO weapon too.

Biden is doing the right thing here. As far as I’m concern he gets B+. But make no mistakes…he is just as guilty. He was encouraging Ukraine membership into NATO as of Dec 2021. So he’s paying the price.

2 Likes

Maybe they should’ve paid those bounties when they had the chance. :wink:

ukraine has been asking for membership for some time. it was simply not possible so long as the separatist movement was active. ukraine joining nato was an impossibility so long as that was going. it doesn’t matter who “encouraged” it by not opposing it.

biden is a moron who placed useless sanctions on russia that won’t have any effect until its over. the one thing he could do now he refuses to.

nato is not a country, it has no borders.

Watch the news.

NATO is the military alliance of the EU economic and political alliance. There are 28 countries in the EU. All but 6 of them are in NATO.

NATO is “involved”.

2 Likes

propaganda ain’t my thing.

likely, the guy was a traitor and should have been shot.

Well Ukraine won’t be joining NATO anytime soon…hell neither will they joining EU. Biden handling of this has earn B+. But he is guilty for encouraging Ukraine.

I disagree.

no.

nato is one organization

the eu is another

many european countries belong to both

as the eu grows in power, it will eventually supplant nato as the premier org defending europe. when that happens, they’ll be a threat to us and nato will be a relic

No. They are inextricably tied together.

2 Likes

Untrue. It is not unreasonable to not believe what politicians in other countries tell you. In fact it is probably unreasonable to believe they aren’t lying at every opportunity. That would be true no matter who you are or where you are.

Hey, it is not unreasonable to not believe what politicians in your own country tell you.

NATO should have at least been drawn down to a bare minimum until a new mission could be clearly stated because it’s reason for being at all was gone.

1 Like

You think Putin will evidently retreat from Ukraine? Or my grade for Biden?

no, they are not.

two separate organizations.

No they are not. The EU has corrupted and co-opted NATO for their own purposes. To defend the EU at US expense.

2 Likes

If Ukraine still exists after this disaster, they will join the EU and eventually NATO.

Lol corrupted NATO we practically forced continental Europe at gunpoint to joint the European Coal and Steel Community, which became the EEC, which because the EU.