Going forward, Is it ok…?

To disrupt dinner, plans with families, anything… because someone didn’t vote on an issue the way you wanted or is a member of the wrong party?

As evidenced by Sarah Sanders, now Kavanaugh…. Is this acceptable? Is this how it’s going to be going forward?

Liberals loved what happened to Sanders… I’m assuming the same applies to Kavanaugh here, in a private setting.

Is it ok to harass progressives wherever they are because I didn’t like their vote on a gun bill?

6 Likes

No, it is not okay and I don’t support it.

But it’s not up to me.

1 Like

The Sanders threads were quite revealing. She deserved what she got is the theme in those from the left.

The Sinema thread is completely different… “a line was crossed!!!”

I wonder why?

5 Likes

It’s not ok. We should not stoop to the level of woke libs.

4 Likes

I don’t think that it is okay… the reason being is that I believe that there is an inherent right to privacy.

4 Likes

It sounds like you’re saying they need a buffer zone around them to recent harassment but unfortunately the people who need those buffer zones have ruled that sidewalks are a public thoroughfare and it is unconstitutional to prevent free speech on them. I assumed you were an originalist who agreed with them.

That’s the actual definition of irony.

3 Likes

I’m not saying anything. I just enjoy the indignation from progressives when a senator is harassed in the bathroom but don’t give a damn when a Supreme Court justice can’t eat at a private restaurant and the result is cheering.

2 Likes

This is America. There’s no right in politics to privacy against harassment from the public. Have you literally ever met any of us at any point in our history?

1 Like

You must have skipped the Sinema thread. I’m shocked.

4 Likes

It was Progressives who were harassing Sinema in the bathroom.

But anyway… Kavenaugh by all accounts had no idea that there was a protest going on but did leave out the back with his security detail

What I find more troubling is the anonymous actions taken against Morton’s from people continuing to harass them for serving Kavenaugh. That to me is troubling… the same happened to the Red Hen in the Sanders case but from the other side.

1 Like

If it’s a peaceful protest, sure.

Kavanaugh can just go eat in another state if he wants.

4 Likes

And yes… I see the irony that everyone sees that the Supreme Court for years has been whittling away at the rights to privacy by allowing for protestors at abortion providers and has rejected a Constitutional basis for the right to privacy… but you see… I think that those decisions were wrong and people should let others go peaceably about their business when it doesn’t affect them… but that isn’t what we have.

2 Likes

peaceful protests… Sri Lanka will be here before you know it…

1 Like

Except for the need to know what firearms I own and/or want to buy. That’s a national emergency and I need to be on a registry. That’s what we have. Can’t touch abortions… firearms are fair game though, right?

Didn’t the CA AG office just release gun information on everyone in the state?

:joy:

3 Likes

I remember that…most forum libs supported that harassment. If you worked for Trump you deserve it.

5 Likes

Damn, you will even hijack your own thread to guns.

Seems a bit obsessive.

1 Like

I don’t care how many firearms you own.

I just think that there should be licensure and mandatory training.

That has nothing to do with what type or how many firearms you have.

1 Like

When someone brings up privacy… it’s quite relevant, is it not?

1 Like

Maybe SCOTUS can find a case with which they can revisit their 2014 ruling which said that protesting in the street is a traditional method of transmitting ideas and thus protected by the 1st amendment.

The court objected to the notion of buffer zones in part because such broad perimeters “burden more speech than necessary” by excluding “petitioners” (“not just protesters”) from public sidewalks, streets, and other public thoroughfares, “places that have traditionally been open for speech ac­tivities and that the Court has accordingly labeled ‘traditional public fora.’”

Buffers zones deprive petitioners “of their two primary methods of com­municating with arriving patients: close, personal conversations and distribution of literature. Those forms of expression have historically been closely associated with the transmission of ideas,” the court wrote.

2 Likes

Licensure ensures the government knows how many and what types of firearms I own. Then the AG can leak that information freely to everyone.

There is nothing about privacy in anything you typed.

3 Likes