God is Not Complicated

To you he is not complicated. To me he is VERY complicated. Why does he slam an innocent seven year old girl with terminal cancer? I don’t know, it’s complicated.

1 Like

Why??

Why do you believe it was God who slammed the seven-year-old with cancer? Do you also believe he punished David by bringing about a pestilence that caused the deaths of 70,000 people?

Introspection is always the key. It’s the source of the Golden Rule.

God is not responsible for good or bad results. Essentially, He does not intervene in our world.

It’s almost like He is indistinguishable from there being no god at all. Hmmm…

2 Likes

Who created cancer? It’s been around forever. My daughter works scanning and diagnosing children’s heart issues. She told me that a five year old came in the other day. They worked on him for three hours before they lost him. God is not the one who has to go tell the parents. I believe that God is complicated. Nothing you can say will change that. I’ve seen too much.

1 Like

Cancer is part of God’s creation, we agree there. I recall reading once, that without cancer, mankind would not be here. Cancer being part of our world, our existence is not the same as God slamming someone with cancer. To believe that, it follows that there is they also believe that God slams people with the common cold, acne, Alzheimer’s, addictions, and tooth decay.

How about this angle: Since the world’s existence is more or less dependent on life, growth, death, and decay, why did God give us the capacity to love and to care about our family and friends? Why does God allow the family to care about their five-year-old, let alone allowing the doctors to care about this child? Do you think it would have been better if God had made us to simply shrug and walk out the door? I don’t know about everyone else, but I do know that I cling to mourning family and friends over a dismissive shrug and no pain at all.

It is a hard world. We will all suffer. We will all die and cause pain to those who love us. Shall we give up that love? Shall we give up God who loves everyone more deeply that can be imagined. He has a place for all of us, the young and the old.

God is the one who set those parameters. Those parameters I’m assuming don’t exist in heaven. Therefore, those parameters are not required for existence

Without suffering, we have no reference to joy. :man_shrugging:

Then people who suffer the most have the most joy? :wink:

Then she shares part of the blame.

To experience joy in heaven we must also suffer there. Weird.

1 Like

No doubt. For those who always look to assign blame. Also a great excuse for those who look for excuses not to bother with seeking God. Instead of seeking either blame or excuses, why not seek God?

An encounter with God vividly lights a simple truth: Time lived when we are not living with love is time not well lived.

It may be more than just having a reference. An unlikely combination, perhaps, but times of suffering often seems to bring with it gifts of personal growth.

1 Like

Sounds like polytheism. Without hate do we have reference to love? If God is all loving there must a being by necessity that is all hate

And what of the 1 month old child hit and killed instantly and goes to heaven. Do they have the “experience of suffering” enough to experience the joys of heaven. Or do angels raise the child in heaven, making him eat his vegetables and mow the lawn?

No disagreement. There is no on without off, no back without forth, etc…

Wow. Those Jews in the camps in the early 1940’s must must have been really thankful for all that personal growth God gave them.

1 Like

Now you are speaking of man’s inhumanity to man, not the suffering that comes from more natural means. Even so, ever read anything from (or about) Corrie Ten Boom?

Easy to say God is not complicated when you immediately state that anything that would make him complicated isn’t attributable to him…with absolutely no basis on which to make such a statement.