God and the Devil

No one is forcing you to debate or listen to anybody

Hence why I find hate religious politics, be it Christian, Hindu, Islam, etc.

I just like listening to religious folks justifications for things and how they respond to difficult questions. I have many beliefs that I’d like to share and be opened for debate. But religious folks here never really ask or seem to care…they just want to preach it seems, not listen. So it just always turns in to talking about THEM. Then they get mad because we dont just shut up and nod our heads. Pretty interesting shtuff

Iv been having religious debates with my great aunt who is a nun for like 20 + years we write each other letters.

1 Like

Actually, Augustine and Thomas Aquinas postulated that evil is the absence of good.

Asking the right questions is better and more informative to both parties. Now that AZSlim has said that his interest is not in God, but in how believers think, perhaps the discussion can stop running in circles? Let’s talk about how believers think, then.

What is a major difference between Noah and Abraham?

Or any of us, for that matter.

They are different characters in a fictional story?

1 Like

What? All we have to discuss God is what believers and non believers think.

The right questions have been asked. Unfortunately for believers they are hard questions, and the people asking them arent easily fooled by doublespeak and illogical arguments

1 Like

Even fictional characters have differences. How do the characters of Noah and Abraham differ?

Servello D, Porta M, Sassi M, et al. Deep brain stimulation in 18 patients with severe Gilles de la Tourette syndrome refractory to treatment: the surgery and stimulation .Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery & Psychiatry 2008;79:136-142.

Comings, D. E., Wu, S. , Chiu, C. , Ring, R. H., Gade, R. , Ahn, C. , MacMurray, J. P., Dietz, G. and Muhleman, D. (1996), Polygenic inheritance of Tourette syndrome, stuttering, attention deficit hyperactivity, conduct, and oppositional defiant disorder: The additive and subtractive effect of the three dopaminergic genes—DRD2, DβH, and DAT1. Am. J. Med. Genet., 67: 264-288. doi:10.1002/(SICI)1096-8628(19960531)67:3<264::AID-AJMG4>3.0.CO;2-N

Corpus callosum morphology in children with Tourette syndrome and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
T. L. Baumgardner, H. S. Singer, M. B. Denckla, M. A. Rubin, M. T. Abrams, M. J. Colli, A. L. Reiss
Neurology Aug 1996, 47 (2) 477-482; DOI: 10.1212/WNL.47.2.477

Didn’t God take away their free will when talked to them directly?

No. Why would you think so?

We’ve been told that if God proved his existence that would rob us of our free will to believe or not.

I don’t think that makes any sense.

2 Likes

I agree. When one believes in God, then belief includes God’s precepts. People can believe in precepts people of faith attribute to God without believing in God. Would an atheists who is already following Godly precepts change upon proof of God? Likewise, would someone who had proof in God who never liked godly precepts, suddenly change his/her behavior?

If you suddenly believed in God, what would change?

Then if God would just clarify everything by talking to all of us on a giant bullhorn we be in great shape. Right?

Heck yeah. If God came down, showed himself and personally gave orders…I would follow them for sure.

1 Like

I don’t understand what you want clarified. For example, take the allegation that God created evil. What evil within you did God create? What evil within you is God responsible for? How would you be better if God hadn’t created this evil within you?