Global warming is real

What are they?

Those are extremely unstable since minuscule perturbations would affect their orbits by tremendous amounts.

They simply don’t last long. Comet West was thrown too close to the sun and has fragmented. Comet Hyakutake Went from a period of 17k years to 70k years because it was nudged ever so slightly by the gas giants.

This is exactly as I described.

No, I can’t show you how wrong you are. No one can. It’s absolutely impossible. That doesn’t mean you’re correct. It just means no one can show you you’re wrong.

Dantes, just curious…what’s your background?

I’m asking you. What are they?

They didn’t last long? How many orbits did they survive?

You can’t show it to be incorrect because it most certainly exists as a possibility.

I honestly don’t understand why you’re asking me what they are because presumably you do? That’s why I asked.

I’m trying to see if we have a basis at all for the conversation,

Not only does a molecule of methane have a much more intense greenhouse effect than a molecule of CO2, when it breaks down naturally the primary byproducts are water vapor and CO2.

Is it as important to address as carbon dioxide?
While methane doesn’t linger as long in the atmosphere as carbon dioxide, it is initially far more devastating to the climate because of how effectively it absorbs heat. In the first two decades after its release, methane is 84 times more potent than carbon dioxide. Both types of emissions must be addressed if we want to effectively reduce the impact of climate change.

But it’s a trace gas.

With much different chemical properties than CO2. Read the cited article. 84x more potent than CO2 at trapping heat.

It may be 100x as potent but its 200x as rare.

It’s less prevalent because it breaks down relatively quickly and again, what are the byproducts?

Forgive me, I’m not tracking here. Methane is dangerous because what little there is creates miniscule amounts of CO2 and water?

You’re definitely not tracking. Methane has a short lifespan in the environment. It is 84x more potent as a green house gas as CO2.

When it breaks down you are left with water vapor, the most important and prevalent of all GHG’s and most of the remainder is CO2 both of which remain in the atmosphere far longer than Methane itself.

Have scientists calculated (trace gas) methane’s contribution to global warming or have they ignored it?

Methane stays in the atmosphere for 12 years on average.

How long does water vapor stay in the atmosphere?

This says 9 days.

On an astronomical scale, not long. These are extremely unstable orbits.

Global warming alarmists ignore it pretty hard. When they propose addressing the situation they focus on fossil fuels and CO2 and ignore the elephant in the room which is that increased methane from rising standards of living which will increase both CO2 emmisssions and meat consumption will wipe out any gains they make by reducing CO2 emissions. At least I haven’t seen any proposals to limit rising standards of living from them. Just the opposite, they seem to all be squarely in favor of lifting people out of poverty and importing them into countries with higher standards of living and subsequently higher per capita emissions.

You’ve tried correcting me numerous times, all of which have been themselves incorrect.

You can’t even admit you didn’t know how to use the word apogee.