Global warming is real

Far more convincing than your argument which relies on 100% speculation.

That’s what a hypothesis is.

1 Like

It’s really not. Hypothesis are informed by observation.

You’re just guessing.

That is only one genesis of a hypothesis, but you are right … scientists have observed that there have been many climatic changes on Earth, and a shift in orbit is one possibility to explain that. And how could the orbit be changed? One possibility is “near misses” by celestial bodies.

If 1400 posts in you guys are arguing about what a hypothesis is, maybe just agree to disagree

You really have no idea of what an insanely lucky coincidence it would take for that to happen.

Or we could go with what we already know about how our orbit changes based on interactions with the gas giants.

Once every 100,000 years or so is all it would take.

Once every 100,000 years is not an lucky coincidence in the universe’s frame of reference.

That’s a common event.

I haven’t moved anything. Any plant that uses steam for energy production is putting off a tremendous amount of water vapor. I don’t need to measure all the effluent from all the plants to recognize that.

The discussion was never limited to nuclear production nor did you specify it.

Let me help you, “where CO2 remains a trace gas”.

Yes, theoretically we could burn off enough oxygen that it would no longer support animal life.

Then it would make orbit disturbances common. How many climatic changes have occurred since land rose from the sea?

Imrightyourwrong is right on this one (for once) … you have beaten this dead horse to pulp.

Try reading the rest of the post you ignored.

The distance from earth is measured in a straight line. We cannot know the orbit of an object that hasn’t even been discovered nor can it be calculated.

The discovery of Proxima b points to just how difficult it is even with a concerted effort to locate a planet the size of the earth when closely studying a very small area of space.

Extremely lucky coincidences don’t happen every 100,000 years. Your idea is indeed a dead horse since you never had a leg to stand on.

I can tell you one thing for certain: it’s orbit is not a straight line to our planet.

You started talking about nuclear plants producing a “tremendous” amount of water vapor and that’s what I specifically asked you about. If you can’t follow a simple conversation, then your scientific ability is likewise in doubt.

In order to recognize whether it’s a “tremendous” amount, you should at least have an estimate of it’s production, otherwise you’re introducing unscientific assumptions into a discussion supposedly about science.

I didn’t say that it happened every 100,000 years, I said if it happened every 100,000 years on average (as an example, not a statement of fact) it would have happened some 35,000 times since life began. You know, like the average interval between major eruptions at Yellowstone is 700,000 years even though the actual interval between any two eruptions has never been 700,000 years.

Like I said, this doesn’t have a leg to stand on. Pure conjecture isn’t scientific.