Global warming is real

Yes, 2-3 million years is recent history in my mind with regard to this topic.

It is statistically not nonsense.

Its very easy to miss small objects, much harder to miss larg e ones.

How did this get from discussing the state of the Earth to undetectable extraterrestrial bodies?

Like Planet X that I linked to? 10 times the size of earth? 15,000 year orbit?

Happens all the time. Little twists and turns the threads make

What I mean is what’s the connection proposed between the two, if anything at all. Digging through 1300+ replies is a chore.

Then you have no idea whether or not there have been any orbit altering fly-bys in recent history. Yet you continue to assert that if any such events had occurred that astronomers would have known about it. Do you really not get the contradiction between those two positions?

No is not, it’s nonsense. We have only been capable of seeing it for a few hundred years at most.

Mankind does not have the power of God. Only he can destroy earth.

You are welcome to move the conversation any which way you like. Personally I would welcome it. I am finding dantes’ absolute dismissal (in spite of the fact that more than 99.98% of of the history of the solar system has not been observed by man) the possibility of large extracelestial bodies affecting Earth orbit just because astronomers have not seen it, tedious. I’m beginning to think he doesn’t know the difference between hypothesis and theory.

Wrong forum.

It was proposed that if you look back over the record, glacial and inter glacial occur at regular intervals. Could something be coming through the solar system at regular intervals that is effecting the earth’s climate?

That’s how we got off on the tangent :smiley:

We know it’s a “tremendous amount” far exceeding CO2 production just using basic common sense.

Look at the breakdown of the products produced from burning gas, diesel, NG, Propane, and coal, then add to that all of that produced from agriculture, horticulture and exhaust steam.

That of course doesnt’ even begin to include that produced from natural processes such as native green plants, volcanoes, hot springs, and steam vents and surface water evaporation.

https://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/vapor_warming.html

Now I’ve already provided you an article showing the latest research if you want to argue their results give it your best shot. The above article also points to the significant contribution water vapor is making to warming.

You can’t possibly show that to be true. In order for an extra solar body to be trapped by Jupiter’s gravity it would have to pass close enough for it to do so.

All of your drivel aside, my objections are based solely on good science.

You cannot draw an accurate conclusion unless you eliminate all other possible contributing factors.

If you’re going to claim that our recent warming is due to man interfering with the natural cycle you must compare this cycle to those that predate industrialization. There is no other honest way to even begin to approach it.

It has never been shown anywhere experimentally that X rise in CO2 can cause Y rise in temperatures at any level in which CO2 remains a trace gas. In order to do so you have to raise CO2 to such a level that it would kill all air breathing animal life on the planet.

IT’s called "nature’. It is not even an indication much less proof that we’re responsible.

An object traveling 40,000mph with an orbital period of 100,000 years would be roughly 60,000years from earth right now.

40kx24x365x60,000=21,024,000,000,000m away from earth right now. Even if it were 12 times the size of Jupiter like the rogue planet recently discovered the odds are very slim we could have detected it by now and if it were in one of the darker regions of the galaxy the odds are just about nil. At those ranges about the only way to detect a cold body is if it passes between us and a star or series of stars that are under observation when it blocks them out.

No it wouldn’t have to cross our orbit, just pass parallell to us close enough for it’s interaction with our gravity/vice versa to cause a minor eccentricity in our orbit.

Depending on it’s makeup it wouldn’t even take something of large physical size to have such an effect.

It wouldn’t take a huge body made up only of the desist and heaviest elements or even primarily of same to have a significant gravitational field.

They are not mutually exclusive, try following along.