Global warming is real

and it never reforms again! Right? lol.

The so-called “ice man” may have something to say about that. :wink:

Are you here just for the snark, or do you have something to contribute to the discussion? Samm has had something real to contribute (from time-to-time :wink:). What do you think is the point of the article and exactly why do you think it is worth your derision?

Personally I view population growth as the bigger threat.

Absolutely. The Global population was barely 1.6 billion at the turn of the twentieth century. Since then, in spite of two world wars and many mass extermination’s, some numbering in the millions, the population has grown almost five fold. If 6 billion people stopped exhaling CO2 we would not have a problem with global warming. Volunteers?

It’s not just that. You need to cut down trees in order to make livable space and build homes for this growing population. Hard to combat CO2 while eliminating trees in the process.

Frigid north winds blow down from the Arctic Ocean, freeze saltwater and push sea ice south. The ice normally prevents waves from forming and locks onto beaches, walling off villages. But not this year.

In February, southwest winds brought warm air and turned thin sea ice into “snow cone ice” that melted or blew off. When a storm pounded Norton Sound, water on Feb. 12 surged up the Yukon River and into Kotlik, flooding low-lying homes. Lifelong resident Philomena Keyes, 37, awoke to knee-deep water outside her house.

“This is the first I experienced in my life, a flood that happened in the winter, in February,” Keyes said in a phone interview.

The article goes on to say that the climate models for the are were wrong. Not wrong that effects like the above would occur, but wrong in how conservative they were - the predicted changes were not anticipated for another half century.

The article goes on to state how the record decrease in sea ice appears to be altering the ecosystems and changing the fishing grounds and perhaps resulting in the dieoffs of several species recently.

Upheaval meaning that you and most everyone you know will end up as skulls decorating a raider fortress in the climate apocalypse world is certainly stressing.

When you live at sea level, it does not take an unusual event to cause flooding.

“Elevation: 0 ft (0 m)”

lol. must become 1% er ASAP…

And don’t get me started on efforts to lift most of the worlds population out of poverty. Don’t they realize what a disaster it would be for the environment to raise global living standards?