Global warming is real

Don’t play stupid. You know exactly what the question was.

You deniers believe that because climate change goes in cycles that that somehow means that man is incapable of altering it.

When confronted with a cheap and effective way to remove carbon from the atmosphere this is the response from a green activist, same article.

from Climate change: 'Magic bullet' carbon solution takes big step - BBC News

“We have a moral responsibility to reduce our consumption on a large scale. We need to reflect deeply on how we live our lives and whether everyone can have access to the things we have, and fairness, so we can all live a good life.”

Hehe

You would acknowledge that that most of everyday science is not in the realm of theory? Traditional theories like Evolution, Big Bang, Relativity, Continental Drift, etc., by and large will never be proven since they deal with questions that no scientist was there to observe. But science pertaining to polymers for example are not in that aspect of science. For example a polymer chemist can claim that theoretically PVC can last 100 years or more. Right now that statement is theoretical since PVC is not 100 years old. But once PVC reaches the 100 year mark that currently theoretical statement can be proven true. But I’m sure we can both acknowledge that there is no so-called “Theory of PVC” in the scientific community. Another example in my field of Chemistry is that the Atomic Theory does not include many aspects of chemical bonding and compound formation. So in that regard most of chemistry is not part of atomic theory.

Got mine. Screw You.

That’s scary stuff and confirms to a portion of that religion it goes beyond finding a solution. I was reading about this technology on a few sites and it sounds very promising and energy companies are pouring millions into the tech including Chevron, Occidental and BHP. And it’s like “Meh” to the alarmist.

Got mine by earning it, get your own.

You’ve missed the point.

Please quote any post where I have said that man is not capable of altering the climate.

There goes the ice just like the scientists have predicted.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/04/08/researchers-warn-arctic-has-entered-unprecedented-state-threatens-global-climate

I have a little kid and i have to be honest, the idea that we as a family (and him as an adult) may have to deal with climate change induced upheaval scares me a lot.

1 Like

and it never reforms again! Right? lol.

The so-called “ice man” may have something to say about that. :wink:

Are you here just for the snark, or do you have something to contribute to the discussion? Samm has had something real to contribute (from time-to-time :wink:). What do you think is the point of the article and exactly why do you think it is worth your derision?

Personally I view population growth as the bigger threat.

1 Like

Absolutely. The Global population was barely 1.6 billion at the turn of the twentieth century. Since then, in spite of two world wars and many mass extermination’s, some numbering in the millions, the population has grown almost five fold. If 6 billion people stopped exhaling CO2 we would not have a problem with global warming. Volunteers?

It’s not just that. You need to cut down trees in order to make livable space and build homes for this growing population. Hard to combat CO2 while eliminating trees in the process.

Frigid north winds blow down from the Arctic Ocean, freeze saltwater and push sea ice south. The ice normally prevents waves from forming and locks onto beaches, walling off villages. But not this year.

In February, southwest winds brought warm air and turned thin sea ice into “snow cone ice” that melted or blew off. When a storm pounded Norton Sound, water on Feb. 12 surged up the Yukon River and into Kotlik, flooding low-lying homes. Lifelong resident Philomena Keyes, 37, awoke to knee-deep water outside her house.

“This is the first I experienced in my life, a flood that happened in the winter, in February,” Keyes said in a phone interview.

The article goes on to say that the climate models for the are were wrong. Not wrong that effects like the above would occur, but wrong in how conservative they were - the predicted changes were not anticipated for another half century.

The article goes on to state how the record decrease in sea ice appears to be altering the ecosystems and changing the fishing grounds and perhaps resulting in the dieoffs of several species recently.

Upheaval meaning that you and most everyone you know will end up as skulls decorating a raider fortress in the climate apocalypse world is certainly stressing.

When you live at sea level, it does not take an unusual event to cause flooding.

“Elevation: 0 ft (0 m)”