Global warming is real

Frankly, I don’t care. I was joking. I kid my family. Dantes is basically right. One crucial difference is that an MD applies existing knowledge and can prescribe medication. A PhD advances knowledge by producing original research that must be deemed valuable by a committee of experts. Of course you can be both. It usually takes longer to receive a PhD than an MD.

Somehow I doubt WildRose was joking.

But I don’t expect we will have a chance to find out.

An MD in most states is a Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine.

You do know what the D in MD means, right?

Hoping to get back to the central discussion of this thread. There was some discussion about cycles that might be interesting to explore, but if you’re like me, most of this stuff we’re trying to decipher off of internet summaries. Not sure anybody here is really diving into the expert literature. One thing I’ve found profitable, but totally time consuming is to google some of the experts in the field, examine their CVs, and click on anything that is published but not behind a pay wall. When you do that, you can discover some serious science.

What may be unclear is that I am not a climate alarmist. Kind of for two reasons. First, i don’t trust predictions. They are always wrong. Predictions are tough, especially about the future! Second, no matter how severe the climate crisis might become, what matters is the total carbon dioxide emitted, not a reduction in the rate of emissions. Given the political “climate” and whether or not a build-out in renewable energies can economically replace fossil fuels in a timely way, my conclusion is that all of the fossil fuels that can be burned will be burned. So then the question becomes how much fossil fuel is out there, and when the energy gained from extraction will equal the energy of combustion. At the point, it is game over.

Completely false.

Medical Doctor. It’s a Bachelor’s degree in medicine in most states, not an academic doctorate.

I literally look at medical degrees on nearly a daily basis, it’s absolutely correct.

That’s simply untrue.

Of course. It is not an “academic” doctorate. It is a doctor of medicine. Those are two different things. I cannot graduate from a four year university with an MD.

MD is a title, not an academic degree. The abbreviation is “Medical Doctor”, not Medical Doctorate".

Exactly

You folks really should educate yourselves on the topic before commenting.

https://medicine.tamhsc.edu/degrees/md-phd.html

It’s both an degree and a title. So is a PhD.

One thing is for certain. It isn’t a bachelors of medicine. I don’t know where you come up with that idea.

Can we just give this a rest. It’s not important.

Are you aware of things called scientific laws?

This is literally an ignorant statement. There are no licensed physicians in this country, board certified or not, who are permitted to use the designation of “M.D.” with only a bachelor’s degree. The AMA makes sure of that.

I googled…

And the MD is the eqivalent of another BS.

You can get a BS in Pre Med. That is not a medical degree.

You people are flailing desperately.

What flailing? I just googled bachelors of medicine and I posted what came up. Seems pretty straightforward.