Global warming is real

The word is REGULARITY, and while you are right that it does not guarantee that the cycle will repeat, 2 million years of that cycle makes it a very good bet.

Show your work. What is dramaticically different about the cooling cycles over the last million years that makes you believe that the cycle will not repeat?

What a ridiculous response.

The cycle is not as regular as you might believe.

I don’t know how to respond to such a ridiculous statement. I dare say anyone does. “Not even wrong” comes to mind.

Not to mention it’s a ridiculous trope. Uninformed and uninteresting.

I’m sure that people that believe in Global Warming, can all agree
that it’s been the “Wamest” ever.

I believe that it’s been the “Wamest” ever also.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Apparently regularities change. In this summary piece, the suggestion is that modern events might also have an impact.

And one of these days we need to talk about “theories.” I just can’t wade into that hornet’s nest at the moment.

It’s the end of the world every day to the Democrats.

And asteroid could hit Earth tomorrow magically, without us knowing
it’s coming.

We can’t do anything about it, so everyone should panic probably!!!
lmao!

Unlike most of the posters here, I’m not an accredited scientist. But, looking at this from a 22,236 mile level:

If the Earth’s climate is in a warming trend from multiple causes, some determinate and some indeterminate;

and if we can calculate the effects of the trend irrespective of the causes, and those effects have potentially devastating consequences;

and if we as a species have a measure of control of one of the causes as generally agreed upon by the most knowledgeable of our members;

shouldn’t we take steps to mitigate at least THAT cause as much as possible while still maintaining a quality of life?

And if one of the side effects of such control would be cleaner air and water for ourselves and future generations, isn’t that a good thing?

2 Likes

10/10

The rest of the post is good as well.

And once again sunspots are not a measure of how hot the sun is burning.

It’s burning brighter, producing more heat which has warmed pretty much the entire solar system over the last 300 years.

You can’t show that if the US ceased all carbon emissions tomorrow it would have any effect on global temperatures.

Destroying our economy to accomplish nothing provable other than the destruction of our economy is not a scientific approach to doing anything other than wrecking our economy and destroying our quality of life.

Certainty is an intoxicating drug, isn’t it?

Then by all means, show it.

I prefer an open mind, but thanks.

My mind is completely open to facts so if you have some let’s see them.

Ah, I thought you were referring to sunspot activity.

Has the sun’s temperature increased in the last 200 years? Please cite source. Also, have you calculated it’s influence on our temperatures?

Thanks.

I’ve already provided several sources, either keep up with the conversation or go look for your own, I’m not here to do your remedial work for you.

From there you can do your own work.

You know nothing about what I might believe about the regularity of the cycles. How about you stick with what you believe.

It’s easy enough. Just say you don’t know.

Ok, from your source which I assume you now disagree with…

Seems your hotter sun cannot account for global warming by itself.