Global warming is real

The same forces that existed during each of those previous cycles do not exist today? Really?

Which of them specifically has vanished?

If your resting heart rate is 60bpm do you have to understand the all of the mechanisms at work to have a reasonable expectation that in the next second your heart will beat again?

No.

You don’t understand orbital forcing? I specifically mentioned it in the post you responded to. Here, let me help you out.

The point is we can calculate this effect and whether we should be warming or cooling today. It seems we should be cooling. Clearly our warming must be caused by something else. Perhaps by a sudden increase in a greenhouse gas?

The force is still there, so to speak, just changing in magnitude.

And again you’re stuck on one of many factors that affect global temps.

Obital forcing is a small part of the entire thing as we’ve discussed many times before.

The sun is also burning hotter raising temperatures for the entire solar system or did you forget that?

You are of course also completely incorrect about orbital forcing and the current period. We’re not even halfway through what should be a warming period based on the orbital forcing model.

The last cooling trend reached its maximum some 20,000 years ago and
we are currently 20,000 years into a 50,000 year warming trend. Orbital
forcing has been accepted as a mechanism of climate change by the National
Research Council (NRC), by the U.S. National Academy of Sciences (NAS), and
by the U.S. National Atmospheric and Space Administration (NASA).

The planet will kill us off quickly and cleanly. Run for outer space

I’m glad you cede expertise to NASA on the subject. Does NASA believe orbital forcing is the cause for today’s warming?

I can’t speak for NASA or the NAS but I did provide you the quote did I not?

We’re less than halfway through the expected 50k warming period according to the orbital forcing model according to NASA.

The last cooling trend reached its maximum some 20,000 years ago and
we are currently 20,000 years into a 50,000 year warming trend. Orbital
forcing has been accepted as a mechanism of climate change by the National
Research Council (NRC), by the U.S. National Academy of Sciences (NAS), and
by the U.S. National Atmospheric and Space Administration (NASA).

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/3325679/The-truth-about-global-warming-its-the-Sun-thats-to-blame.html

Read past the headline, my friend.

Hope this helps your understanding of the brighter sun warming hypothesis.

I agree, it’s a theory.

They are dismissing it, they haven’t shown that to not be a factor.

So the sun is burning hotter and we’re less than halfway through an expected 50,000 year warming cycle according to the one mechanism you have been yammering on about here for years.

And they can estimate how our temperature would be effected. Yet they still overwhelmingly support AGW. Interesting. Your source does not seem to agree with your anti-AGW stance. Perhaps you have done more research on the subject than NASA? I shouldn’t have to tell you that googling does not constitute research.

So, you thInk the Mayans had nothing better to do than keep on ctranking out calendars into infinity?

Wow! That’s a pretty ringing endorsement of the Theory of AGW. You have elevated it to a scientific theory.

Knowing the mechanism is not nearly as important as knowing that it happens on a regular basis.

Hmm, 20 years of constant sunspot activity yet temperature continued to rise. That’s a contradiction to your sun burning hotter and global warming, isn’t it?

“Estimate”, they who again? The proponents of AGW theory. Yes, I’m certainly going to rely on their “estimates”.

Pretty much every planet in our solar system is experiencing a warming trend just like we are due to the increased heating of the sun but “intelligent folks” should just dismiss that it might be playing a part in our own heating.

Yep, let’s go with that “theory”.

I don’t know what you read in my post, but there is nothing there about endorsement of the theory.

The periods of lowest sunspot activity are when the earth typically cools, not the reverse.

You’re so far beyond your depth here it’s pretty sad.

Just funning with you on the use of theory in the realm of science when I know you meant it in the more non-scientific sense. A joke.

If you are joking, make yourself clear. That’s what emojis are for.

But you are wrong about that too. Did mean it in the scientific sense. But the theory is far from proven and I remain thoroughly skeptical.