Global warming is real

Why would I play your stupid game?

If you move a planet far enough away from the bodies exerting any significant gravitational force on them to a point at which they no longer exert enough force to overcome the change in trajectory it will be thrown out of the system.

We’re discussing small variations in the earth’s orbit, nothing more.

This is where his bungee cord theory comes into play.

Now you’re walking back what you said.

You said ‘‘Try shortening the growing season world wide by a few weeks and see how that equation works out.’’

It doesn’t happen on a world wide scale that quickly. If it did, something else much more devastating would be occurring. And it wouldn’t be 2 weeks uniformly worldwide.

How exactly would they have been pulled into the sun or flown out of the system?

It doesn’t have to happen quickly. We can’t make more arable land near the equators to make up for a loss during an ice age.

Whether it happens over weeks, months, years, centuries, or decades the result is the same.

As it is we can barely produce enough food to feed most of the world’s population, any reduction in that ability is going to cause famine and death and as people try to move away from the advancing ice it would result in full scale wars killing people by the millions while they fight over the ever shrinking arable land that is left.

Gravity and acceleration.

You understand how an orbit works, don’t you? An object in orbit doesn’t just get sucked into the object its orbiting.

We produce enough food to feed all of the world’s population.

Without the gravity of the other planets yes, eventually that would be the result. The remaining planets would at least be pulled in so close as to become much like venus and mercury.

If that were true there would never be famine.

Explain where this occurs. I’m not aware of this discontinuity in the orbital equations.

I can’t believe you actually posted this.

That would depend on the objects in question and a great many factors.

The bungee cord theory is exactly opposite the theory of gravity.

A bungee cord sees higher tensile force the more it is stretched.

Gravitational forces a decrease as the distance increases.

It’s a piss-poor analogy.

Wait…What…now we’re having an Ice Age. I thought even if you didn’t believe in climate change the earth was still warming.

You want us to prepare for the next Ice Age in oh…20 or 30,000 years? :scream:

It is hard to follow, isn’t it?

Cite a post in which I have said we’re entering a new ice age.

Cite any post in which I have said there is no warming.

Either that or admit you’re just making things up again.

The climate has not been constant for any significant period of time for around 4 BN years.

It is, has been, and always will be in a state of change.

It sure seems like you did in the post below.

No, it doesn’t resemble such a claim in any way.

You’re still making it up as you go along.

Are you serious? I don’t think you understand anything about orbits.

The only thing needed to maintain our orbit and prevent is from crashing into the sun is for us to maintain our velocity. Good thing that isn’t going to happen.