Global warming is real

Maybe global warming is good. Don’t those medical guys in the know say that viruses tend to subside in warmer weather?
OMG
(Orange Man Good).

I believe Trump was pushing that particular anti-science nonsense.

When I was in grade school they told us the planet was still emerging from the last ice age and would be warming for probably thousands of years. Scientist seemed smarter back then and a lot less political.

3 Likes

I don’t know about the virus, but of course global warming is good. At least it is good compared to global cooling. Throughout human history, warm periods were far better for most people than were cold periods.

1 Like

Our current civilization was built on our current climate. Significant cooling/warming in a short (relative) period of time will impact our civilization.

No, our current civilization was build during the little ice age.

Really? Our areas of mass farming were decided back then? How interesting.

So, you limit civilization to farming? How interesting.

Why would you think that? I used farming as an example. Care to address it?

You did not use it as an example, you used it as a rebuttal for my statement that our current civilization was built during the little ice age. The early modern age began circa 1500 and the late modern age began in the mid 1700s. The little ice age was about 1300 to 1870.

Ok. I’m pretty sure civilization is defined by more than farming as my hundreds of hours of Sid Meir’s Civilization taught me. :grinning: But if it makes you feel superior thinking that was my definition of civilization is limited to farming, that’s ok. I want you to feel good about yourself.

My comments have nothing to do with feelings.

^^ One more time, for those who prefer to be factual.

Most farms were built after the LIA, but don’t let facts get in the way of you being “factual”. Farming is but one facet of our civilization.

Most farms still in operation*

True. But just after the LIA, farms expanded west as the railroad expanded west. Farms tripled in count from 1860 to 1905 so even back then, most farms were built AFTER the LIA.

Perhaps if you’re trying to be factual, you’re actually trying to say that most farms were built AFTER THE DUST BOWL (emphasis yours lol).

Ok. I’m fine with that too. Dust bowl was well after the LIA so further supports my point that our farm system was based on an era after the LIA which rebuts Samm.

Thanks.

It’s based on the same system we’ve been dealing with since the end of the Younger Dryas Period - droughts and warming.

And areas to farm in America were chosen based on their climates at the time and logistics. We are in agreement!