Giuliani: Trump legal team ready to argue Mueller subpoena 'before the Supreme Court'

If there was a murder in the White House and the proesident was found with a bloody knife under his bed, would you advise he fight the suepena?

Absolutely. If I was his lawyer.

That was bravado and playing to his base when he originally said he’d like to talk to Mueller. Sort of like when someone has no desire to fight but doesn’t want to lose face, so he has his friends “hold him back.”

1 Like

What if you weren’t your lawyer? What if you were an American citizen interested in the truth and justice?

1 Like

Well, that’s a preferable explanation isn’t it? Better he was just playing politics than the alternative that he was just very stupid.

You don’t think it would look pretty bad, if a sitting President took the fifth?

I just think it’s funny how non-lawyers on the internet are always so sure of what “any lawyer” would do, in that situation. I can think of many, many reasons in which a lawyer would recommend a client answer questions.

Also, you’re moving the goalposts - there’s no question that Trump would have his lawyers present, should he choose to answer questions.

No it’s not, Bill Clinton answered Ken Starr’s questions under oath, lied, and was never indicted. Rather, he was impeached.

Not exactly, more like he was subpoenaed to appear before a grand jury, negotiated a deal to be questioned at the White House with his lawyers present and have the subpoena withdrawn. Trump should hold out for the same deal.

We just want gang bangers and mafiosos to cooperate with investigators. Not presidents.

I think all you’re going to get today is a bunch of lawyer speak from a bunch of trump Republicans.

“Hold out for”? That’s an option right now. He could do it tomorrow if he wanted to.

I seriously doubt that.

Silly straw man argument.

It would never get that far because the Secret Service would intervene. But even if it did, against all odd, that behavior would qualify as a high crime and I don’t doubt for one second that Congress would vote overwhelmingly to remove him from office. He would then be exposed to the full process of the law as a private citizen.

I’m sure. After two years of nothing, the Mueller team is to struggling to get a conviction on a 13 year old tax case that has nothing to do with Trump. Boo. Scary. He’s gotta be shaking in his skin.:sunglasses:

Apples to Oranges . . . .

Unless you you the magic mysterious smoking gun that no one can seem to find in this investigation.

Lets play a little what if – only from your scenario of the president holding a bloody knife standing next to a dead body (that had been stabbed).

He fights the subpoena so he MUST be guilty of muder right?

Now say he agree’s to an interview. President says he was in another room (with names a person that’s always in the white house). Just as the other person was leaving, he hears a scream and goes running toward it. Finds the other staffer dead and picks up the knife next to the body. President’s time line is plausable (let say) so they will want to interview the other person the President said he was with. Interviewer says: “oh by the way, do you know where the knife came from”. President him’s and haw’s into well I took it from a competing hotel a year before I started my bid for president. It was a joke on the owner (knife has gold inlay, and some other fancy things that would bring the value up to a felony theft).

Should the president be arrested for theft?

You seem to be under the inexplicable impression that because you aren’t aware of a smoking gun, no one has found one (or more). Were you expecting Mueller to tell you about it before issuing a report? If so, why?

^^^ So much complete crap in one little post. At least three key people have pled guilty, with plea bargains. You have no idea what they’re going to testify to in exchange. One day of deliberation isn’t “struggling,” when there are 18 counts to consider. If Trump wasn’t scared, he wouldn’t be spending soooo much of his time trying to discredit the investigation, instead of spending it doing his job.

It’s funny, Trump has spent FAR more of his time as President tweeting bull ■■■■ about the investigation than Obama ever spent golfing.

And you don’t think if Mueller had a “smoking gun” proving Trump conspired with Russia that this wouldn’t be wrapped up by now? Really?

1 Like

It adds to the speculation when the defense didn’t put on a defense other than cross examining prosecution witnesses.