Giuliani: trump could have shot comey to end teh russian prohe

Switch the channel then.

Lol.

I’m not talking about TV lawyers.

You said “pundits”. So just who are they and what are their qualifications to comment if they aren’t lawyers?

“Read”

They’re all lawyers and law professors. There’s been plenty of pieces written about whether or not a sitting President can be indicted or subpoenaed quoting dozens if not hundreds of legal sources. Take your pick.

I read it just fine.

No, it’s really not.

Literally every legal pundit I’ve read on the matter all agree it’s entirely unsettled and could go either way.
[/quote]

You wold love to see Trump prosecuted and impeached so your wishes are confirmed by your choice of media.

This is no more accurate than all the BS garbage that was dreamed up by people calling for Obama to be prosecuted for treason and other high crimes along with being impeached for same during his tenure.

Lawyers will argue anything and a good lawyer can argue both sides of any case depending on what he’s being paid to do.

The fact remains we have over 200 years of precedent and decades of rulings from the DOJ confirming that a sitting president can not be held liable criminally while remaining in office.

Blind appels to nebulus unnamed authority doesn’t make your case very well.

cite your precedents please…
i know there have been a few justice department opinions that he cant be held criminally liable but decades of rulings and 200 years of precedents, i doubt…

There is hypothetical about it, Rudy is technically & Constitutionally right!!

If the president could pardon himself nixon would have done it instead of having to wait for ford.

plus the act of pardon has a long standing tradition dating back to english common law of it being an act of mercy. pardoning oneself is not that. Plus pardoning oneself would be acting as judge and jury in their own case, something which is also a no no

heres 2 opinions stating the president cant pardon himself

For starters, the Constitution uses the word “grant,” which ordinarily means giving to someone else, said Harold H. Bruff, an emeritus University of Colorado law professor. Going back to its English monarchical origins, a pardon has long been conceived as an act of mercy. Neither of these suggest something that can be done to oneself.

In addition, Bruff said that when the Constitution was being written, “a background value everywhere in the air was that no one should be a judge in their own cause.” This notion, sometimes referred to in Latin as “nemo judex in causa sua,” is a longstanding common-law principle, he said.

“People cannot prosecute, judge, or sit on juries in their own cases. Like a judge who would have to submit to the authority of another judge if he were being prosecuted, a president must seek a pardon from his successor,” wrote Brian Kalt, a Michigan State University law professor who has studied pardons extensively

Rudy was always full of ■■■■ and his reputation was insanely inflated. His brand was built on walking around NYC on 9/11 which only happened because he put his emergency command center inside the WTC against the advice of numerous experts.