Giuliani: trump could have shot comey to end teh russian prohe

Giuliani told HuffPost in an interview that Trump’s presidential power extends so far that “in no case can he be subpoenaed or indicted.”

Hes truly lost his mind

He’s a really bad lawyer.

he would be impeached and then tossed in jail…

Man, Trump’s New Republican Party sure does love them sum authoritarianism. I’m certain when this is all said and done, you won’t find many folks who advocate for this type of nonsense if any other party elects a president. That’s truly the joy of unfettered hypocrisy… and I love watching these fools fall head over heels for it. Glorious.

1 Like

America’s Mayor sure isn’t what he used to be.

I mean this quite seriously when I ask if Rudy is not well. Mentally I mean.

1 Like

Perfect media spokesman for Donald. Makes him look relatively sane.

Where’s the edit button! :blush:

Of course he could and would if he shot somebody. Lets not pretend Giuliani was saying the President would be above the law, only that a different process would be required. The alternative would be some court in some state where the President was hated overturning the election with a bogus criminal charge.
Not only would a person be indicted and convicted, the whole electoral process would be reversed. That is what imp0eachment is for.

How can anyone defend this statement? Seriously?

1 Like

Hannityland.

1 Like

I’d like to think a president could be indicted regardless of the issue…with Mueller he doesnt have to becusse there are mechanisms in place…

It’s never been tested…so there is real answer

With a heavy dose of Giulianapolis.

It’s a potent combination these days.

In Trumpistan, statement defend YOU.

He could be impeached, indicted, tried and convicted but Giuliani is correct.

This at least is the same guidance under which the DOJ has operated for decades.

Guiliani is also saying he can’t be indicted or subpoenaed here.

And that is how it has been for over 200 years.

The court allowed for Clinton to be subpoenaed because it was a civil case rather than a criminal case.

Is it? Or is it just an unsettled legal question.

It’s over 200 years of precedence and the same guidance from DOJ for more than half a century now.

It’s pretty well settled.

No, it’s really not.

Literally every legal pundit I’ve read on the matter all agree it’s entirely unsettled and could go either way.

If you want to go after a president the process is called “Impeachment”.

if they are impeached and removed from office the justice system then gets it’s chance.