GIULIANI ON DE BLASIO: ‘It Breaks My Heart’ What He’s Done to New York City

Originally published at: https://hannity.com/media-room/giuliani-on-de-blasio-it-breaks-my-heart-what-hes-done-to-new-york-city/

Former Big Apple Mayor Rudy Giuliani slammed Bill de Blasio during an appearance on Fox & Friends Friday; saying “it breaks his heart” to see what De Blasio has done to New York City.

“Homelessness was gone and homelessness should be gone,” Giuliani said. “There’s a way to look at homelessness that these liberals just don’t get. When I see a city with homeless people, I see a city with a mayor who doesn’t give a damn about people, because if you give a damn about people, you don’t let them lay on the street.”

De Blasio’s presidential aspirations were thrown into doubt this week after failing to secure a spot in the upcoming Democratic Debate in Houston, Texas.

“People go from unheard of to totally famous in 72 hours in America now,” he said Wednesday. “So a candidate like me who’s not that well known yet, you ask me in 72 hours, right? And something might change.”

“This is a job that requires energy and attention every hour of every day and that’s what I do,” de Blasio added. “There’s countless phone calls, countless emails, checking in on all different leaders of different agencies and folks in City Hall. And that is why you continue to see a host of initiatives moving forward. It’s the nature of the job as a CEO that you’re responsible for making sure that everything is moving. And everything is moving. That’s just the reality.”

Read the full report at Fox News.