Ginsburg Has Liver Cancer

Mod Note

That is personal and uncalled for. Consider yourself warned.

Just let her live to January 3rd, 2021, the day the incoming Congress convenes.

If Trump wins, he can fight the new Senate then. If Biden wins, he can do the same (albeit starting January 20, 2021).

For the love of god, don’t pass away now, not now.

The country does not need the civil strife that will break out if Trump attempted to fill her vacancy now.

Nor does it need a larger Supreme Court, which would be a 100% certainty if Ginsburg dies and Trump successfully replaces her.

If that happens, President Biden/Democratic Senate/Democratic House will certainly add two seats to the Supreme Court as minimum.

Thankfully her lesions have responded well to chemotherapy and her short term survival prospects look good.

3 Likes

Cancerous lesions on the liver is liver cancer.

Oh…I see unless we bow down to radical left their will be a civil strife?

That almost sounds like a threat to me. Not saying you but language certain has a threat behind it.

Libs don’t intimidate me. Never has never will.

2 Likes

I don’t know enough about it to say but it doesn’t sound good.

I don’t think Trump would be in a hurry to replace her. A SCOTUS vacancy would get the conservatives to the polls.

1 Like

The article indicates she does have cancer. I wish her well.

I am not threatening anything.

I am just saying what will happen. And people would have a right to be pissed after what happened to Merrick Garland.

No Supreme Court vacancy, regardless of which seat, should be filled prior to the start of the next Presidential term, by the President taking office on January 20, 2021.

Scalia died in February. Any current vacancy would be mid-July or after.

Hopefully, there will not BE a vacancy at all, which would be the best thing.

But if there is, filling it should belong to the person elected for the term starting January 20, 2021, just as the Scalia vacancy was reserved for the person elected for the term starting January 20, 2017.

Republicans can avoid being hypocrites. If a vacancy does happen, don’t fill it in this Presidential term.

3 Likes

Sorry…but if shoe was on other foot libs wouldn’t hesitate for one second…and neither would I.

2 Likes

Agreed. From my understanding, liver cancer is a death sentence. At 87 years of age it’s probably time to smell the roses.

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg said Friday she is being treated for liver cancer but remains able to work “full steam.”

Yes, I may be wrong, I don’t feel like this is the thread to argue it, so I’ll drop it. I am going by what I heard on the news, and I just read an article that literally said “This is not liver cancer” but really, it is no big deal. Sucks either way.

If the seat is vacant, it needs to be filled.

There is going to be strife no matter what. Witness the Kavenaugh debacle.

Life goes on.

2 Likes

If the vacancy happens under a Presidential term then it needs to be filled under that Presidential term.

Unless it’s a dem.

1 Like

You see what’s going on here…libs still think they can set the rules in which we are allowed to play. It’s been republican weakness for so long now…that they expect us to roll over.

Sorry libs…you don’t set our rules no more.

2 Likes

Of course. That’s a given. :wink:

Agreed. They’ve overplayed their hand to the extent that they’ve turned off everyone but the extremists.

The extremists don’t really count for much in the big picture.

I think it would be to Trump’s benefit to not fill it. To win Trump needs to rekindle his base. No better way to do that than to run pointing to Biden naming a flaming leftist to the Court- which he would do.

That’s a tough one…I think I would kill the goose here. Libs made that same mistake.

As old saying goes…bird in hand is better then two in the bush.