Get them in and then get them on welfare. What other country does this?

Here’s another aspect of Biden’s open borders agenda:

A coalition of 11 states are seeking to intervene in a lawsuit to challenge the Biden administration’s move to drop a Trump-era policy that restricts immigrants deemed reliant on welfare from receiving green cards.

Deemed is always a troubling word, in law.

1 Like

The “Public Charge Rule” went into effect October 19, 2019. The rule was first enjoined July 19, 2020, 9 months later. It went through several court decisions and was abandoned November 2, 2020 after a U.S. District Court decision.

People are upset because Biden didn’t pursue a Trump rule which was in effect for nine months before it was struck down by the courts and abandoned by Trump’s own administration? Too funny.

Inadmissibility on Public Charge Grounds Final Rule: Litigation | USCIS

2 Likes

If people come here legally with nothing but make something out of themselves by relying on welfare temporarily… why is that bad?

Thank you for the informative post.

No other country does this tis the answer.

1 Like

Meanwhile, there are still homeless Americans while we pander to illegals.

2 Likes

Public charge rule has been around far longer than that.

Sure. Since 1882.

There still is a public charge rule. It’s reverted back to the 1999 version.

A “public charge” as someone primarily dependent on the government for public cash assistance for income maintenance or institutionalization for long-term care at government expense.

USCIS is therefore no longer considering an applicant’s receipt of Medicaid (except for long-term institutionalization at the government’s expense), public housing, or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits as part of the public charge inadmissibility determination.

Trump’s change expanded the definition of public charge and made things much more costly. The Trump change included…

…evidence of household assets and liabilities and applicants’ credit report, health insurance, education documentation, professional licenses and formal English education as well as information regarding receipt of public benefits.

If I was king the way I would want it would be;
(For legal immigrants only)
You can immigrate here and try to find work, if you need public assistance you can use it. BUT

-you can never receive citizenship while on public assistance. Once you are off public assistance that’s when the process starts, not ends.

-while you are here legally but on public assistance “jus soli” does not apply. Your kids are not automatically citizens. They get citizenship when the parents do.

-clarify the citizenship clause in the constitution. “Subject to our laws” is not synonymous with “subjected to our laws”.

1 Like

It’s bat ■■■■ crazy. Inviting the entire third world to come here and be put on public assistance. He’s a genuine lunatic.

2 Likes

The thread title left out “ get them registered to vote”.

2 Likes

I think the plan is to simply mail out ballots. Registration is not required.

3 Likes

No?

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/the-pernicious-myth-of-the-oppressed-european-muslim/

We had a poster who was an American expat in France. Per this lady as well as a British woman in my circle of acquaintance, there was little incentive for immigrants in those countries—even a tax penalty for those who made every effort to start a business of their own to get off the dole—to get out of those ethnically defined neighborhoods, learn the local language and integrate.

Contrast Europe to Muslim immigrants to the U S:

https://www.cato.org/blog/muslim-immigration-integration-united-states-western-europe

As for those heading north of the U S border, that’s nothing new. I’ll take my chances on the newcomers.

It hasn’t been over the years immigrants bragging about everything from unemployment checks that pay more than whatever job they have—some around here have two iobs—and none were boasting about how much more they were going to make with Corona checks than working.

The native borns, by contrast, were absolutely shameless about that. About laughed myself silly when one, who said he was going to build a gym in his house while earning more on Corona furlough, returned with a huge gut.

In most countries, Muslims tend to be the oppressors not the Oppressed.

Please link those immigrants coming to get welfare.

Seems to me many rejecting jobs because they’re not bankers’ hours or have hazardous duty aren’t immigrants.

The topic is immigrants and welfare. Muslim immigrants to the U S tend to have jobs and be more satisfied with their lives than those to Europe:

Is the U.S. Better at Assimilating Immigrants Than Europe? | The National Interest

I have no doubt. I work with a few. They wouldn’t want to be anywhere else. Unlike the border crashers, most have education and skills.

Here’s something a few years old about immigrants and welfare:

https://www.cato.org/immigration-research-policy-brief/immigration-welfare-state-immigrant-native-use-rates-benefit

There’s a delusion among many conservatives that human beings are either working OR sitting on welfare. Some immigrants from developing world countries receive benefits because they are working, but those jobs may not offer health benefits, or may not pay enough for the families they have. Some have professional credentials that aren’t accepted in the U S.

There also seems to be this delusion among these same individuals that welfare is for a lifetime. Here are averages for length of time and other info about public assistance, the most commonly issued being SNAP & Medicaid:

https://wellkeptwallet.com/statistics-welfare-america/

They don’t have any education or skills?

I don’t think so:

https://www.bls.gov/opub/ted/2015/mobile/hispanics-and-latinos-in-industries-and-occupations.htm