Get ready for stag-flation

I was under the impression that those barrels were there for a potential “what if” that could devastate our country? Now what happens if…the “what if” happens? Someone had to make the decision that the reward greatly exceeds the risk? I hope it’s not another “Fauci” where the gain of knowledge from gain of function research, exceeds the risk of it escaping from a lab?

1 Like

If they stayed here they would also be going where they will be used - by us.

No it doesn’t lower prices more by selling it to China. You can’t in any way prove that.

I’d rather have our own Saudi Aramco. Shouldn’t have to pretty please beg Americans to supply Americans with oil that comes from underneath Americans. There’s something wrong with this picture.

It’s in China because they were the highest bidder for that type of crude. Isn’t that evidence enough that it will be used the most profitably there?

I didn’t say anything about begging. You are demanding nationalization?

Switch.

Maybe, I’ll see how winter goes. If there are squeezes and shortages, then every ship of LNG that leaves our shores is another reason to lean that way.

This is awful. I am suffering from these high gas prices and spike in grocery store items. What will I ever do? Where’s the nearest soup kitchen?

I’m in my 50s now. Too old to give a crap about any of this. It doesn’t affect me, and I don’t care who it does affect. Grin and bear it.

Good Lord.

We’ll also have to see how the labor market does over the next few months:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/it-s-no-longer-a-job-seekers-market/ar-AA10LJvF?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=5d4ee61cd1044d37848335a07bff8cb5

1 Like

Almost 70 here. It isn’t affecting me too much but i worry about the futures of my children and grandchildren.

Bidet is gonna make folks nostalgic for Jimmy Carter.

1 Like

Falling far short of market expectations, the United States added only 18 billion cubic feet into its natural gas inventories for the week ending August 12, the Energy Information Administration (EIA) noted in its weekly natural gas inventory report on Thursday.

Recently, U.S. natural gas futures have been gaining significant ground at highs surpassing anything seen in well over a decade due to increased momentum in exports that could leave the country short of supplies.

Is it that radical to see the madness of this?

If they won’t shore up our inventories on their own, why shouldn’t there be a publicly-controlled producer?

Don’t have to nationalize everyone, but at least one player needs to be looking out for Americans.

doesn’t seem to be working out with the SPR.

one was, then you voted for brandon

American companies make a mint exporting NG to foreigners instead of building reserves for Americans

They will make another mint charging high prices during winter shortages.

Blame Biden.

:+1:

More petulant children…

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/3697827-liberal-democrats-blast-feds-interest-rate-hikes-as-us-economic-outlook-dims/

2 Likes

To be fair, he is claiming wholesale price and you posted retail.

But the US government, the Biden administration is approving every square inch of LNG that goes overseas. It is his policy to provide Europe with LNG to help break them off from Russia.
Nationalizing that gas wouldn’t do anything since it is the government policy to send it overseas.

1 Like