Germany's economy fared worse than the US economy, but Trump-hating journalists are mangling numbers to convince you otherwise

No they haven’t.

Just stop with this talking point.

It’s ridiculous.

1 Like

We have had $3,000,000,000,000 dumped artificially into the economy. The result has been double-digit unemployment and -33% GDP contraction.

Yes, consumption and purchasing has been artificially grown as a result of this stimulus. Which has staved off even worse catastrophe. But none of the record sales being seen by several subsidy based industries are natural. Growth is not organic. Cheap credit and massive amounts of funds dumped in have caused artificial spikes.

2 Likes

Good for you.

I am hoping to make half of what I normally make in a year and when I do go back to work try to repay the loan I took from my 401k to get through this as quickly as possible.

Tens of millions of Americans are in the same boat as me.

A lot are not as fortunate to have the resources to draw on that I do.

But carry on.

2 Likes

There would be less on a graph that shows positive pregnancy tests.

The same people who for 4 months have demanded the economy be shut down and complained about it not being shut down faster are now going to complain about unemployment and the GDP - both direct results of doing what they demanded.

2 Likes

Germany GDP was down 10% in the second quarter.

USA’s was down 33%

I will let you do the math.

Allan (facts over opinions)

3 Likes

I’m sure the over 100,000 airline workers (in the US alone)who have either lost their jobs, gotten WARN notices, or saw their airline shuttered in the past 6 month feel better too. But they aren’t front line in the trenches or anything.

There needs to be a bit more fact checking on the opinion you’ve been spoon fed.

The path we took flattenned our curve too… until Floyd.

They are not getting back to normal any more than we are, Every area of their economies they attempt to open sees a spike. They always will, its a virus, it spreads, that’s what a virus’ does. After shutting down and decimating their economies, they have virtually all declared they will not shut down again no matter what, they are now following our model (although for the most part they have stopped testing all but those with symptoms masking the true numbers of new cases).

There was no opening “too soon”, there were idiots protesting during a pandemic, and everywhere they protested that did not have a level of immunity granted by that area having already been hit is now being hit. In every case, where states were reopening, we were seeing exactly what we expected to see. Small spikes that could be managed, until… floyd.

Not when the pond is experiencing an earthquake

Reading is fundamental.

No. Until we started reopening too fast. The spikes in places like Georgia, Alabama and Florida first started before the protests began

completely false.

the increases in those states were small, expected, and manageable, until the protests. now, every area that had protests is seeing the large spikes.

Wrong. Alabama, Georgia and Florida’s spikes all started weeks before the protests and they all have among the highest number of cases per capita

1 Like

That is flat wrong.

Conditions right now, not 12 months ago favor the German economy big time.

Allan

Germany’s GDP shrinkage was, annualized, 1.8 points higher than the US.

Of course, our per capita death rate is 4 times higher, we’re an international joke, and things are getting worse…but hey - how about that 1.8 point difference???

3 Likes

you’re just wrong.

yes, there were expected increases. they were small and manageable.

the huge spikes happened in correlation with floyd protests. thats just facts. deny them all you wish, it doesn’t change them. and the narrative the masters spoon fed you doesn’t change them. all you have to do to confirm the correlation is look at the map and the timeline. You all like to cit FL so much, so here it is from the NYT with all the others.

opened May 4th

two weeks later we’re in the height of floyd protests and… nothing. Small, very manageable increase… three weeks, nothing… small manageable increase. 4 weeks after opening, and two weeks after the start of protests…skyrocketing begins in the same areas of the protest and among the same population; young people.

clear floyd spike

you can replicate the pattern basically anywhere. its the same thing over and over. the narrative you’ve been fed is garbage

our case death rate is lower than the european average, should we be laughing at them?

no, they don’t. in Q2 Germany was heading out of its shutdowns, we were in the height of ours. but do keep up the doom and gloom. As always libs will overplay the hand they have and will hand the election back to Trump and the GOP. Its already started

Not flat wrong, just not complete. Most of Europe is only testing those with symptoms now. We are testing basically anyone who wants a test.