George K. Young, Jr., Plaintiff-Appellant v State of Hawaii, et al, Defendants-Appellees (9th Circuit)

I think he did it to get the votes. They’re no better than Congress.

You’re probably right in that I think he “moderated” his opinion to ensure it would pass muster and also so as to not to create too much of an immediate recoil affect in the blue states.

He negotiated with Notorious RBG.

No doubt there.

Try this one on for size. And it is a fully functional AR-15. :smile:

He negotiated with the 4 Justices he needed to produce that opinion. He could only go as far as the weakest link of the 4 Justices would let him.

System flaw.

The biggest flaw in the system is the lack of principled originalists and existentialists.

Actually, system feature. One Justice cannot take the country on his own preferred legal path. He can only go so far as the Supreme Court majority will permit. It won’t give the preferred outcome in this case. But it may prevent worse outcomes in other cases.

No, they should all vote independently. Not negotiate.

Still no libs?

I’ll bet they come out if the wood work if en banc over turns the panel.

Skeet surfin’ in Hawaii sounds fun…

Not with a 10 foot pole, huh Living Constitutionalists?

Thinking the same. Surprised the 9th ruled this way.

@WuWei

Yeah thats what the guns kooks said about the assault firearms ban to here in Jersey lo those many years ago.

#guncontrolJersey

Allan

If? LOL. when is more like it.

Allan

I’ve got some family that has moved to HI. I was offered a transfer there a few years back, but after talking to my family and researching their overly restrictive gun laws I passed. Essentially, you can’t get a carry permit there unless you are current or retired military or police - and if you’re in the retired category, it is extremely difficult. And you’re screwed if you get caught in a traffic stop with a firearm in the vehicle if you’re not on the way to or back from the gun range without any stops along the way.

I really do hope these restrictions can be relieved.

opencarryjersey

#wishfulthinking

Allan