Geoengineering Test Quietly Launches Salt Crystals into Atmosphere

Don’t be silly, the wind currents in the atmosphere will work to evenly disperse the particles throughout the atmosphere, just as it does with major particle events from volcanic eruptions and nuclear releases. There are no giant filter screens (as if such could even be constructed in the upper atmosphere) set up around the coasts to keep these particles only where they are released. And adding more salts over the ocean will only cause salinity changes, which if done to scale, will impact marine eco systems.

4 Likes

I can’t believe you posted that.

4 Likes

I am simply saying what they are researching.

Ship tracks are a real thing.

This is looking to do what ship tracks did but not use pollutants to do it.

My next question is why didn’t someone in authority question the logic of even funding this stupidity.

4 Likes

Yes… we have.

It’s funny that you think that this is Lib thing.

Why should we? It is looking like Technology is the only way we are going to get out of the mess that we have made.

1 Like

It’s not clear that the Federal Government even funded this.

It looks like a University research project.

Libs are actually supporting the deaths of ecosystems because they’re too ■■■■■ to handle being a little schwetty. :rofl:

3 Likes

If they wanted the earth to not heat up by excess fossil fuels they wouldn’t have made China rich through exporting jobs at slave prices and kept them in the crouching tiger hidden dragon age.

Made the same mistake with India both of which have populations which dwarf the west.

4 Likes

The “They” who want to maximize shareholder value and the “They” who want to control emissions to stave off climate change are two different “Theys”

Which doesn’t change the fact that someone in a position of authority to approve/disapprove funding for this should never have wasted the funds for it.

The tech to make an aerosol out of salt is pretty cool. They got one of the guys who developed the ink jet printer to help engineer the nozzle for salt.

Also… looking into this a little more… it looks like the funding for it came from three separate charitable trusts.

So… that outrage seems to be over.

Don’t give them any ideas. Biden might try and nuke the sun. :rofl:

Not any outrage, just contempt for wasteful spending.

It’s not wasteful for the engineers

And just what other use is there for creating the ability turn salt into an aerosol to justify the expense?

Who says that the technology will be limited to salt?

Is this a thing where it just feels good to get mad at people doing research on a problem that conservatives don’t think exists?

2 Likes

It still sounds like something a Bond villain would find appealing.

2 Likes

If you wanna solve the problem you prioritize nuclear power. That’s the solution to climate change.

Oh I agree. And the scientists who are working on this might agree also.

They are adamant that this isn’t a solution to climate change but are researching it now in case it is something that has to happen to buy more time.

If we replaced all fossil fuel stations with nuclear power stations the problem would solve itself.

But people are still scared of nuclear. For no good reason really. Fossil fuel emissions have killed far more people than nuclear power accidents ever have.

I just want what was promised back in the 50s. Clean safe energy. Nuclear answered that then and it still answers it now.

1 Like