Gee I thought the ACA Was Supposed to Help the Needy

I think this is a juvenile way of looking at the situation. Coverage of preexisting conditions was the hallmark of that legislation. The trade-off was shifting cost burden to existing consumers to compensate for a higher risk pool.

1 Like

The actual data show that across the board the impact of ACA was to reduce the rate at which health care costs were going up. Yes they went up, but they were going up anyway. The big difference was that states that fully embraced ACA saw lower rates of increase than states that refused Medicaid expansion.

The reason the Republicans have no healthcare policy is that there are no facts to support any Republican positions.

My parents had saved and were responsible. Made just enough to not qualify for subsidies. With Obamacare their plan went away, because it didn’t include maternity coverage. So now they had to find a new plan. That happens 4 times in five years. They ended up laying double what they did prior to Obamacare, and ■■■■■■■■ benefits. It ■■■■■■ them big time. And zero democrats or anyone on the left gave, or gives a ■■■■■ ■■■■ anyone who voted for it and supports it.

2 Likes

You seem passionate about disparaging Obamacare. That’s fine. It’s flawed and needs to be replaced. What do you think it should be replaced with?

Technically…but in this forum…it’s up for discussion and so I present to you…

“She said, ‘Do you have $200?’ I said no,” recalled Pintos,

…and now ask ourselves, how much do you think just one of those many tattoos cost? You can say…it’s none of my business but then we’re not addressing the potential symptoms exacerbating the need for the “needy” in this thread. She’s also the mother of two. There’s a lot of important balls she’s gotta juggle in her life and considering all of this, her judgement of when and where to apply her resources is questionable (even though technically…it’s none of my biz)?

1 Like

I disagree. The progress of tomorrow is your sacrifice today. Live it…breathe it…and later…you’ll luv it.

I think we can accept this idea and at the same time reject the notion of an entire life’s savings being wiped out by a single emergency procedure.

I agree but…prepare for the big, bad wolf. He’s coming.

Hopefully they will soon qualify for a socialized system called Medicare.

republicans repealed the ACA…

2 Likes

What kind of clothes was she wearing? She could have gone to Goodwill.

What type of shampoo does she use? She could probably find a cheaper brand or just not wash her hair at all.

Has she sold her color TV yet?

2 Likes

The difference between those that save and plan for emergencies or just have to spend their discretionary income on nonsense immediately.

1 Like

And if you actually stroke a check every year to the government you can pay for it.

I dare say most of those supporting the single payer system are paying little to no income taxes.

To their benefit at someone else’s expense.

2 Likes

Truth. I ask for paper instead of plastic. And, geeze. I’m a conservative. :rofl:

Her lack of personal responsibility is now everyone else’s.

Where does that end?

We already pay for those over 65 to have single payer, why not the rest of us?

Not true in this case…

You don’t know anyone’s truth but your own. Casting these arbitrary judgements on strangers is a fools errand. It’s none of your ■■■■■■■ business.

Think your way and the results in life will probably be…your way. I’m saying that IMO…there’s a better way.