GAVIN NEWSOM: ‘I’d Be Lying to Say That Trump Hasn’t Been Responsive to Our Needs, He Has’

Originally published at: GAVIN NEWSOM: ‘I’d Be Lying to Say That Trump Hasn’t Been Responsive to Our Needs, He Has’ | Sean Hannity

California Governor Gavin Newsom publicly praised President Trump’s handling of the Coronavirus crisis this week; saying the White House has been “responsive to his needs” as his state struggles to contain the contagion.

“Let me just be candid with you. I’d be lying to you to say that [Trump] hasn’t been responsive to our needs. He has. And so, as a question, as a sort of an offer of objectivity, I have to acknowledge that publicly.”

“Every time I’ve called the President he’s quickly gotten on the line. When I’ve asked for support, he was able to direct that,” he added.

Calif. Gov. @GavinNewsom: “Let me just be candid with you. I’d be lying to you to say that [Trump] hasn’t been responsive to our needs. He has. And so, as a question, as a sort of an offer of objectivity, I have to acknowledge that publicly." pic.twitter.com/GLWGuACz7a

— Tom Elliott (@tomselliott) April 1, 2020

Watch Gov. Newsom’s comments above.