Gas prices in Cal making the people Poorer

" TRUE: California has the nation’s highest poverty rate, when factoring in cost-of-living"

Thanks grand ma… Better than believing stuff that’s not true…

“Almost four in ten Californians are living in or near poverty.
Nearly one in five (18.5%) Californians were not in poverty but lived fairly close to the poverty line (up to one and a half times above it). All told, almost four in ten (36.4%) state residents were poor or near poor in 2017. But the share of Californians in families with less than half the resources needed to meet basic needs was 4.9%, a deep poverty rate that is smaller than official poverty statistics indicate.”

" California still No. 1 in poverty"

California Has One Of The Nation’s Highest Poverty Rates, Again

Wednesday, September 12, 2018 | Sacramento, CA | Permalink

From your own article:

"California is one of the three states tied for highest poverty rate, alongside Florida and Louisiana."

While you’re so quick to beat up on California, are Florida and Louisiana red or blue states?

Problem is the poverty rate is low in blue states with low cost of living. Your conclusion is not valid across the states.

You think California having the biggest population might … might … might have just a wee bit to to with it?

Texas doesn’t want them. :wink:

I hear the rattlesnakes are dems. :wink::thinking:

They use percentages to get around that… Obvioulsy!

Common to see 5$ gas now in Cal. Rents are threw the roof. This makes the poor poorer. I think the dems stay in power through vote harvesting schemes in Cal. They monitor the vote during the election and just keep harvesting until they win.

1 Like

I hear they’ll get some free hobo houses when they go homeless.

:man_shrugging:

Basic supply and demand doesn’t work in California apparently :rofl:

Because the govt messes with the supply.

Missouri routinely has some of the lowest average fuel prices in the nation. Voters refuse to raise the gas tax (unchanged since 1996), and the government doesn’t micromanage the refineries here. We pipe in oil from two borders and extract locally. Good recipe for success.

1 Like

Nice. In Cal they micromanage gas formulas by region. It’s mindlessly stupid.

1 Like

California is corrupt to the point that people are leaving in droves. I’ll be looking forward to the next census.

No excuse. What’s your excuse for hammering the poor with gas taxes that don’t effect the rich at all? Why tax the poor?

Exploit is right. One side sets up the rules to keep the poor poor while the other cuts funding for programs meant to help them. And each side decries the tactics of the other side. Meanwhile, our “representatives” aren’t representing any of them.

That reminds me … what happened to the last census? Was it canceled due to COVID?