GAO Determines Trump Admin Broke Law By Withholding Ukraine Aid

Faithful execution of the law does not permit the President to substitute his own
policy priorities for those that Congress has enacted into law. OMB withheld funds
for a policy reason, which is not permitted under the Impoundment Control Act (ICA).
The withholding was not a programmatic delay. Therefore, we conclude that OMB
violated the ICA.

Well, this makes things all the more interesting.

SowhatWhataboutCrymoarlibz

Sowhatwhatbaouturanusone

Oh no! Sounds like the GAO needs to send in their army…oh wait :rofl::joy:

Cap! Always good to see you posting. :star_struck:

3 Likes

im waiting for the trumpers to get their marching orders to see how they respond

1 Like

Violating the Impoundment Control Act isn’t technically illegal!

1 Like

Laws, psh, where we’re going we don’t need laws.

4 Likes

I imagine some dishonest combination of buzz words and nonsense couched in denial with their head buried in a couch.

1 Like

fkPxDJ2bpZX7q

2 Likes

He snagged a doozy of a like yesterday.

1 Like

President Pence?

1 Like

It’s just so sad. None of this is going to matter.

The GOP is going to give Trump a pass…Trump, of all people…I just don’t understand what this guy holds over the party…

1 Like

Priceless!

From the article: for those who cannot get through the paywall.

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration violated the law in withholding security assistance aid to Ukraine, a nonpartisan federal watchdog agency said on Thursday, weighing in on a decision by President Trump that is at the heart of the impeachment case against him.

The Government Accountability Office said the White House Office of Management and Budget withheld the nearly $400 million, which was allocated by Congress, for “a policy reason” in violation of the Impoundment Control Act. The decision was directed by the president himself, and during the House impeachment inquiry, administration officials testified that they had raised concerns about its legality to no avail.

“Faithful execution of the law does not permit the president to substitute his own policy priorities for those that Congress has enacted into law,” the G.A.O. wrote.

For those not satisfied with the Constitutional requirement of High Crimes and Misdemeanors, the non-partisan GAO has now assessed thaT the Preident acted illegally.

So whining about there being no crime or no actual issue there…well its time to put that away.

President Trump violated the law. What should be done about it?

2 Likes

Someone else started a thread on the same topic while I was inputting this.

I would be happy if the mods merged the two; no need for two threads

I like your’s better.

Almost like the delay was waiting for something isn’t it.

4 Likes

Funny because now Trump and friends are under investigation in Ukraine, almost the exact opposite of what they wanted.

What time does Rush go on air?

1 Like