GANGLAND: Chicago Gun Violence Spikes, 9 Dead, 39 Wounded in ONE Weekend

Originally published at: GANGLAND: Chicago Gun Violence Spikes, 9 Dead, 39 Wounded in ONE Weekend | Sean Hannity

Chicago’s escalating gun crisis took a turn for the worse over the weekend; with gang violence leaving 9 people dead and 39 wounded across the nation’s third-largest city.

“Another hot weekend ended with dozens of people rushed to the emergency room with gunshot wounds. Shootings left nine people dead and 39 wounded over the weekend,” reports CBS Chicago.

“Two men and a woman were wounded when a man walked up to them and started shooting near 130th and Evans, according to police. A 47-year-old man was in critical condition at Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, after he was shot in the chest. A 23-year-old man and a 20-year-old woman were stabilized at Roseland Community Hospital, after both of them were shot in the arm,” adds the news channel.

A police union boss called-out Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot Friday after a hot-microphone caught the liberal leader calling him a “clown” at a public city council meeting.

“Appearing on Fox and Friends, Patrick Murray, the vice president of Chicago’s Fraternal Order of Police (FOP) said Lightfoot and the FOP are not known to get along,” reports Fox News.

“I think she owes an apology to everyone that comes down to talk to the city council, all the citizens that live in Chicago and the police officers I represent,” said Murray.

“I’ve had several police officer friends murdered on the job, and I stand for those guys and the police officers that work today still on this job. That’s what I stand for,” he said.

Original Story: July 25, 2019

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot stunned a City Council meeting Wednesday; calling the Fraternal Order of Police boss a “clown” on a hot microphone.

“It’s no secret that Mayor Lightfoot does not get along with the Fraternal Order of Police (FOP),” reports Fox News. “However, it was still surprising when, during the City Council meeting, she was caught on a microphone insulting the group’s second in command.”

"Oh, back again,” @chicagosmayor Lori Lightfoot whispered from her seat on the dais in the City Council chamber. “This is this FOP clown.” https://t.co/wKyQDTPVc2 pic.twitter.com/EkarbA4rDn

— CBS Chicago (@cbschicago) July 24, 2019

“Oh, back again, this FOP clown,” said Lightfoot.

Lori Lightfoot weighed-in last weekend on her city’s unprecedented gang violence; blaming nearby Indiana for the flow of guns into the region.

“Previously we had a law enforcement first and only strategy and it wasn’t working. It’s not working when you talk about neighborhoods where the unemployment rate is 25% or higher. It’s not working when you think about the fact that in many communities, 90% or more of residents are depending on public assistance and where neighborhoods haven’t been invested in, where there’s no real legitimate economic activity,” said Lightfoot.

“The fact that you can cross the border, go into Indiana and purchase military-grade weapons at any number with no background check is a terrible thing, not only for a city but look at the devastation that gun violence is wreaking every single day in our community,” she added.