Game Over: Fans Stunned by Empty Stadium Seats as NFL Season Enters Week 5

Originally published at: Game Over: Fans Stunned by Empty Stadium Seats as NFL Season Enters Week 5 | Sean Hannity

Sports fans were shocked over the weekend as NFL stadiums across the country were filled with vacant seats; a troubling indicator for the beleaguered league as Americans flee in droves following years of protests against the national anthem.

“Not many people here at Paul Brown Stadium to see this clash of NFL teams,” posted one reporter for ESPN.

Not many people here at Paul Brown Stadium to see this clash of NFL teams. pic.twitter.com/WP8oYawEl6

— Josh Weinfuss (@joshweinfuss) October 6, 2019

10 minutes before kickoff in Houston for Falcons-Texans. pic.twitter.com/0w1YLP0r5D

— Jason Butt (@JasonHButt) October 6, 2019

#AZvsCIN RT @chief_sief78: Bengals football. Catch the fever. @[me] pic.twitter.com/YapB8baoAd

— Empty Seats Galore (@EmptySeatsPics) October 6, 2019

Former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick doubled-down on his US anthem protest earlier this year; telling athletes who plan on kneeling during the ‘Star-Spangled Banner’ to “stay strong” during the upcoming 2019 season.

“My Brothers @E_Reid35 @KSTiLLS @iThinkIsee12 continue to fight for the people, even in the face of death threats. They have never moved past the people and continue to put their beliefs into action. Stay strong Brothers!!!” posted Kaepernick on social media.

My Brothers @E_Reid35 @KSTiLLS @iThinkIsee12 continue to fight for the people, even in the face of death threats. They have never moved past the people and continue to put their beliefs into action. Stay strong Brothers!!! ✊🏾 pic.twitter.com/OQClsZXD5V

— Colin Kaepernick (@Kaepernick7) August 18, 2019