Game of Thrones - (potential spoilers)

The use of music was so good, long period of time with no dialog just this intense feeling of dread.

The ending was both utterly bad*** and yet anticlimactic too. Eight seasons of buildup and then almost like a Thanos Snap the whole Nightking and army of the dead is gone almost out of nowhere. I was expecting a long drawn out fight between Jon and the Nightking.

1 Like

Are you familiar with the term “spoiler alert”?

You know this site has a feature that allows

Summary

text to be hidden unless the reader clicks on it

don’t you?

That was his first wife. He chose the 6 year old on his own. It defeated the purpose of hi marrying in the first place because his council wanted him to sire a successor.

If you enter a thread about a TV show after an episode airs you have no one to blame but yourself if you see spoilers. Discussing what happened in the show is why such threads exist.

If I’d somehow known days ago via a leak that Arya was going to be one the save everyone by killing the Nightking and I posted about it that would be a valid complaint. But once the show has aired all bets are off in a thread made to discuss events that happened on the show.

So is Arya the Azor Ahai of prophecy now? Prophecies are often metaphorical as much as literal so itit could be her even though she killed the Night King with a dagger rather than a flaming sword

That dagger has had an interesting trajectory - given by Littlefinger to an assassin to murder Bran, Bran in turn gives it to Arya, Arya saves Bran’s life with it.

What I’m really wondering is what was Bran doing all episode while warging? There has got to be more reason for his being the three eyed raven than merely being a McGuffin that the NIght King wanted and to be the mechanism that allowed Jon’s heritage to be revealed.

I’m hoping that we’ll find out in the next episodes that he was playing at some other level via warging or time traveling and fighting in his own way.

1 Like

Eleventy dimensional warging!

And poetically it was the dagger Arya used to end Littlefinger.

Yep - add that in too. That dagger has its own character arc.

Anyone know if John’s dragon is dead?

I don’t think that was adequately answered. We saw Rhaegal hit the ground when John was ejected but I don’t remember seeing anything after that.

Uh…You needed someone to tell you not to read the thread until after you saw the episode?

The nature of the undead army always made this inevitable; killing the Knight King was the only option to truly defeat the undead army, so it coming at the last second of a final battle was almost impossible to avoid.

I think it coming at the hands of Arya is fitting, she had an equal amount of buildup becoming potentially the most lethal assassin in their world.

But what the hell Bran was doing (both during the episode, and in general), and the aftermath of what feels like the “curse being lifted” will not be so simple IMO. Was it the end, or just another “winter” that is destined to be repeated, or is there some Hodor’esque worg time travel situation going to be revealed? Between that and Cersei, so much left!

Appears in the preview for next week, so seems to be alive. It did not really “crash” land either, more tried to run and then fell, knocking Jon off, so guessing just injured from the air battle.

Cool, I care more about the dragons than most of the characters on the show. :grinning:

I have a feeling season 8 will turn into a hollywood summer blockbuster type which would be disappointing. Hopefully they spend time answering many of the holes in the lore and not just build up to a battle with cercei and everyone lives happily ever after

The inevitable problem is that over the span of 7 seasons they have created such a large GoT universe that there are bound to be holes. Much like the Potterverse, it may fall on fanfic to be the Flex Tape for said holes.

1 Like

His wing is torn up in the preview but he can still fly.